Windows 10: Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer

Discus and support Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and would like to transfer my win10 pro license from my previous laptop. This license was synchronized on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Redgard Archeos, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer

Hi,

I've just bought a new laptop and would like to transfer my win10 pro license from my previous laptop. This license was synchronized on my Microsoft account. However, I'm unable to transfer the license from the old laptop to the new laptop, because the option is not available in the "troubleshooter" in the category "activation" of the parameter panel.

• My old laptop broke one year ago, so i'm unable to retrieve the key
    • The license of the old laptop should be similar to this one
      Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer acc071bd-7568-456a-9b58-81bf94779b8f?upload=true.png Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer 7c5e0f27-880c-4780-abbf-0f940fc77ba8?upload=true.png

Are there a page on the Microsoft website to manage the license?

Are there any way to retrieve the license through the windows 10 account?

:)

Redgard Archeos, Dec 6, 2019

2. new computer, want to transfer win10 pro upgrade license

I bought a new computer which came with windows 10 home to replace an old computer that came with windows 7 home which was upgraded to windows 7 pro and then the free upgrade to windows 10 pro.

I would like to transfer the win 10 pro license from old computer to upgrade new computer from win10 home to win10 pro. And then wipe old hard drive. Is this possible?

WilliamMann, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Retrieve unlinked Windows 10 Pro digital license

Dear Microsoft support,

some time ago I had a HTPC that I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for free.

This way the HTPC was running on the new digital license after activation.

I have never linked my Microsoft Account to that computer so the license never got "stored" in my account.

I recently sold the computer (formatted, without the Windows installation). I did not think about the license at all to be honest.

Question: Is there any way to retrieve the digital license of that HTPC for using it on a new PC? I still have the original Windows 8.1 product key.

Thanks for the help!

Dominik Rebitzer, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer

Win10 Pro

Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key
    and the laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I now have a new laptop and still require the Pro functionality. Following the steps here (which also tells me my Win10 Pro upgrade license is transferrable):

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

the OEMRetrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer :DM Win10 Home didn't upgrade using the MediaCreationTool (it just offers to install Win10 Home), and the System > Upgrade and Settings > Activation upgrade function doesn't accept the product key I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated - although useful Win10 is awful to upgrade and MS seem to have deprecatated a lot of their contact options.

FractalMonkey, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer

1. Retrieving a Win10 pro license from another computer - Similar Threads - Retrieving Win10 pro

2. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  3. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I switch my licensed Win10 pro from one device to another?

Can I switch my licensed Win10 pro from one device to another?: I have an old laptop i7-5th gen Dell.. during the upgrade it got upgraded to Win10pro from win7 and it is connected to my Microsoft email. I would like to know will I be able to switch my Win10 pro from the current laptopsystem/hardware/device to another Blank new...
  6. License to another computer issue

License to another computer issue: I have an old computer with a windows 10 license. I bought it in windows store on April 13, 2019. The license shows up like this:[ATTACH] I bought a new PC to which I want to assign windows license that I already have on older pc that I was writing previously. I installed...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro digital license to another computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro digital license to another computer: Hello, Can I transfer my free upgrade of Windows 10 Professional digital license to another newer computer with Windows 10 Home already activated?...
  8. Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another: Following up on another question, I have 2 computers, one with a 480gb SSD for the OS (Win10 pro) and programs, and the other, much newer one that is running Win10 Home off a 128gb SSD. I would like to move the 480gb SSD into the newer computer which is running an LGA1156, i3...
  9. retrieving windows pro 10 license key from a broken surface pro 2

retrieving windows pro 10 license key from a broken surface pro 2: Hi, I have a surface pro 2 which does not work and it does not start up, is there any way to retrieve the windows pro 10 license key which was installed in it so I can use it for my desktop? Thanks!...
  10. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer: Dear Community, One of my Laptops running Windows 10 Pro has died irretrievably and I want to transfer the license to a new PC. How do I go about this? Thanks Lynn...