Windows 10: Retrieving contact

Discus and support Retrieving contact in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys please help I lost my phone so I just need to get my contacts from it. Where do I go?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SandileLanga, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Retrieving contact

Hi guys please help I lost my phone so I just need to get my contacts from it. Where do I go?

:)

SandileLanga, Dec 27, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Contact Retrieval

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Did you delete the contacts from Hotmail?

To transfer the contacts from Gmail to Hotmail, you can follow the below steps:

1. Login to Gmail account.

2. Click on Settings link on the top right corner.

3. Go to Accounts tab.

4. Click on Add another mail account link under “Get mail from other accounts” section.

5.In the pop-up web page, enter the email address of the Hotmail account to get mail from, e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and then follow the Next Step.

To setup mail client to access Windows Live Hotmail account, use the following Hotmail POP3 and SMTP configuration settings:

Incoming Server (POP3 Server): pop3.live.com

Incoming Server POP Port: 995

Incoming Server POP SSL Encryption: Yes (On or Required)

Outgoing Server (SMTP Server): smtp.live.com

Outgoing Server SMTP Port: 25

Outgoing Server Authentication: Yes (On – Use POP username and password or Hotmail credentials)

Outgoing Server TLS or SSL Secure Encrypted Connection: Yes (On or Required)

User Name: Windows Live ID (e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

Password: password used to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live service

• Tick the check box for Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail option.
    [*]
    • Other options that are optional, and can be configured are:
    • Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server.
    • Label incoming messages with an identity (move to a folder).
    • Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox).
    • Click Add Account button when done.
    • Optionally, user may choose to use Gmail to send email from your other email addresses (as Hotmail). To do so, just continue to complete the wizard, and verify by clicking on confirmation link send to the Hotmail Inbox (which should now appear in Gmail
      Inbox after a while as POP3 is now working to retrieve and download all received mails in Hotmail to Gmail).
    • All mail received on Windows Live MSN Hotmail will now be retrieved, downloaded and transferred to Gmail Inbox automatically and without intervention or attention required.
    Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 27, 2019
  4. thesaint2 Win User

Retrieving contact

new contacts not useable

Thanks for your suggestions Ken. I tried them but I still cannot email new additions to my contacts list

thesaint2, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Retrieving contact

1. Retrieving contact - Similar Threads - Retrieving contact

2. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...
  3. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...
  4. How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?

How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?: I need to fetch the raw datas from the friendly view or xml view tab in details tab in event viewer. what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-raw-datas-of-event-viewer/0c472e2f-d463-4a3a-8601-89e6706c9132
  5. How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?: I need to fetch the raw datas from the friendly view or xml view tab in details tab in event viewer. what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-raw-datas-of-event-viewer/0c472e2f-d463-4a3a-8601-89e6706c9132
  6. How do I retrieve Contacts in windows Live Mail 2012?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I retrieve Contacts in windows Live Mail 2012?: How do I find my contacts in Windows Live Mail 2012 after they disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-contacts-in-windows-live-mail/d4f14ece-1d32-460c-8bc5-800c4888f3b1
  7. The contacts list has disappeared from my Outlook 13 (icloud). how do I retrieve it?

The contacts list has disappeared from my Outlook 13 (icloud). how do I retrieve it?: The contacts list has disappeared from my Outlook 13. How can I retrieve it. (icloud) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-contacts-list-has-disappeared-from-my-outlook/b6805042-1f15-48d3-aafb-30e3f8c4ef6c"
  8. I upgraded to Office 365 but my contact list has disappeared hoe do I retrieve this?

I upgraded to Office 365 but my contact list has disappeared hoe do I retrieve this?: I upgraded to Office 365 from Outlook 2010 but my email contact list has disappeared how do I retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-to-office-365-but-my-contact-list-has/bfdfb3db-7d36-4088-85b6-7a01b9f8e239"
  9. Retrieve Live Mail calendar and contacts

Retrieve Live Mail calendar and contacts: I've been using live mail for years. My computer was damaged and replaced. Outlook is installed. Email is retrieved but not calendar and contacts. Is it possible to get this information? I'm happy to manually input into Outlook if transfer isn't possible....
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?

Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?: I am not sure how this happened but...ALL my contacts can be found in the Windows 10 Mail app. I also want them in Outlook 2016 but can't seem to find a method to do that. If I go to the People app - NONE of the contacts are there, so I can't export to csv file. Any ideas...