Windows 10: Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system

Discus and support Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I had trouble logging into Volume 3 due to a "sign-in process initialization failure". As a result, I was not able to login to the system, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshwinBLR, Aug 5, 2021.

1. AshwinBLR Win User

Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system

Hello,I had trouble logging into Volume 3 due to a "sign-in process initialization failure". As a result, I was not able to login to the system, so I installed Windows 10 again on Volume 5. However, there is some important data still on Volume 3 and I need to retrieve it. Could you guide me how I can do this? Thanks

:)

AshwinBLR, Aug 5, 2021

2. Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

1. Install Windows 1607 & 1709 dual boot system
    2. Connect two free disks
    3. Boot into 1607
    4. Create storage pool, assign two free disks, create two-way mirror volume
    5. Copy data to new volume
    6. Reboot into 1709
    7. Upgrade your Storage Space pool to gain new features as MS suggests
    8. Reboot into 1607
    9. Your Storage Space configuration looks now as in the picture, volume is inaccessible
    10. Notice that doing step 7 was not the smartest idea, data are now accessible only from Windows 1709.

Question: Is it possible to simply revert Storage Spaces metadata back to version 1607? Answer: No. It is necessary to backup data, destroy upgraded pool, create new pool & mirror in Windows 1607, and restore data.

Is it so hard to understand what necros asks for?

muchomurka, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

WOW this sound even worse than a straight up RAID 0, This confirms I'll never use this feature if I ever need to have a RAID 0 Volume I'll use IRST

I still think if the OP has a full back up of the volume he should be able to restore it to a newer version of SS or a IRST Volume or a single drive

Clintlgm, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system

FindNexVolume not retrieving of Volume 1

I am runnning an utility on windows server 2012. This utility is unable to retrieve information about volume 1.

Winobj is also not showing information about Volume 1 in the volume section of global.

This machine is booted in uefi mode.

Please suggest any solution.

Or, share any available information .

AbhishekAtul, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system

1. Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system - Similar Threads - Retrieving data Volume

2. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data retrieval: hi, does anyone of a good software data retriever ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/e83120d9-104e-4296-a333-0a1de2d1a57a
  3. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data retrieval: hi, does anyone of a good software data retriever ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/e83120d9-104e-4296-a333-0a1de2d1a57a
  4. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  6. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  7. Dual booting from UEFI system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting from UEFI system: I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting...
  8. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  9. Retrieving Data From Drive That Won't Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Retrieving Data From Drive That Won't Boot: The SSD drive on my computer will no longer boot windows. Windows tried all the built in repair tools it has but couldn't repair it. However, I have been able to boot my pc from a usb pen drive and can access the drive, which seems to be working fine. I'd been intending to...
  10. Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt: Hi I have a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. When I boot up, I get the options: Windows 10 on Volume 2 Windows 10 on Volume 4 These are separate physical disks. The former (volume 2) is the default and is booting fine (touch wood). But right now, the install on volume 4...