Windows 10: retrieving files from skydrive

Discus and support retrieving files from skydrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was cleaning out an old laptop and found that I still have documents in a Skydrive folder. But when I dbl-click on any of them, nothing happens. Are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David65x, Apr 4, 2020.

1. David65x Win User

retrieving files from skydrive

I was cleaning out an old laptop and found that I still have documents in a Skydrive folder. But when I dbl-click on any of them, nothing happens. Are they now not retrievable? Are these files I see just representations of what used to be in the Skydrive cloud and not viewable anymore? I am using Win 10 now on this laptop.

Thanks.

:)

David65x, Apr 4, 2020
  2. AllanP Win User

Old Skydrive removal

I'm actually asking for a friend who upgraded from W8.1 to W10. He has both Onedrive and Skydrive listed in Windows Explorer. The question is how to remove Skydrive and keep Onedrive. He has tried renaming Skydrive; well here is a quote from his email to me" I tried renaming Skydrive and then deleting it but when you try to open OneDrive on the desktop the file can't be found?"

AllanP, Apr 5, 2020
  3. logman Win User
    files on skydrive

Instead of Microsoft Office I have Softmaker 2016 ($29) and it does everything that Office does. My problem is that all of my files from this program are stored on OneDrive although every file, even recent ones say SkyDrive, and when I open OneDrive It is not the same as when I Open the file Manager in Softmakers word processor program, Textmaker
    How can I move these files to my hard drive and stop sending everything to SkyDrive........

logman, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Eric J F Win User

Apps Cannot Upload or Download with SkyDrive

Two of my Windows 8.1 PC and Windows Phone 8 apps that interact with SkyDrive cannot upload or download files. When I try this I get a few different error messages but I'm sure they're all related. I recently changed my Microsoft Account password, but
    this is the only glitch I've encountered. I also changed my display name from Eric F to , but I can't imagine that had any effect.

The apps that are a problem are listed in my MS account settings under Account Settings/Permissions/Apps and Services. The various app error messages are:

Problem uploading to SkyDrive: An error occurred while retrieving the resource. Try again later.

Unable to retrieve folder properties on SkyDrive.

Cannot connect to SkyDrive.

I've tried the following with no success:

Logging in and out and restarting

Uninstalling and reinstalling the apps

Removing the permissions (from above) and reinstalling the apps

Creating new files and/or folders for the apps

Re-syncing the app licenses

Copying. pasting, moving, and deleting to and from SkyDrive works fine, so it's an app-related issue.

Any insights or suggestions are appreciated!

Eric J F, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. retrieving files from skydrive - Similar Threads - retrieving files skydrive

2. Reset Skydrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Skydrive: Hello Microsoft! As I remember in 2012-2014 some years ago, Onedrive called... Skydrive. Skydrive was with this logo and wordmark back then 2012-2014 and Skydrive had also this beautiful design under in the photos. And it had more good abilities. So, please can you reset...
  3. Reset Skydrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Skydrive: Hello Microsoft! As I remember in 2012-2014 some years ago, Onedrive called... Skydrive. Skydrive was with this logo and wordmark back then 2012-2014 and Skydrive had also this beautiful design under in the photos. And it had more good abilities. So, please can you reset...
  4. how to retrieve applications from File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to retrieve applications from File History: Hi How can I retrieve applications saved in the File History so that I can restore them onto my laptop. There is no longer any previous restore point I can depend on. Best YY...
  5. file retrieval from File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from File History: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  6. file retrieval from filestore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from filestore: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  7. your Skydrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    your Skydrive: How do I acces to yo your Skydrive to download the folderfix.drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-skydrive/326df3f7-ed5a-462d-8500-04786d55889a"
  8. Skydrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skydrive: I'm trying to understand how Skydrive works. Background: We (wife and I) have 2 physical PC's. Hers is a desktop and mine is a laptop. Her desktop formerly had Windows 7 & was upgraded to Windows 10 when 1st released to the world. My laptop formerly had Windows 8.1 & was...
  9. files on skydrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    files on skydrive: Instead of Microsoft Office I have Softmaker 2016 ($29) and it does everything that Office does. My problem is that all of my files from this program are stored on OneDrive although every file, even recent ones say SkyDrive, and when I open OneDrive It is not the same as when...
  10. Retrieving files from harddrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Retrieving files from harddrive: Hi there, I'll try and round up my problem quickly basically was running windows10 (upgraded from 7) on my alienware computer then all of a sudden the other day the motherboard went pop! So as i have files and photos that aren't backed up anywhere i really need to access...