Windows 10: Retrieving of on-screen icons

Discus and support Retrieving of on-screen icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to retrieve the shortcut icons to the on-screen display?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by four_dqatar, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Retrieving of on-screen icons

How to retrieve the shortcut icons to the on-screen display?

:)

four_dqatar, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Retrieving of on-screen icons

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Retrieving of on-screen icons :)

Naki, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Retrieving of on-screen icons

1. Retrieving of on-screen icons - Similar Threads - Retrieving screen icons

2. Retrieve a threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve a threat: Windows defender picked up an important file as a threat and put it in to quarantine when I when I went to restore it I accidentally selected remove instead of restore. So is there a way to recover this file or is lost for good?...
  3. retrieve PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieve PC: The update never finish and trying to turn off my computer but it is not turning off. I have a screen says getting things ready sitting for 2 hours now. I need to boot my PC since I have tons of work to do. Please help me....
  4. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  5. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  6. can't retrieve power point screen recording

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't retrieve power point screen recording: I lost my powerpoint screen recording while I was converting the video. I tried to recovery the video using RECOVERED UNSAVED PRESENTATION function, but it still does not work for me. May I know what can I do to retrieve the screen recorded video?...
  7. retrieve 79AE30CE

retrieve 79AE30CE: retrieve key ID 70AE30CE labtop1COVO017 WINDOWS12/26/2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-79ae30ce/f259e275-f3cc-4f26-b868-b0cce1bad4c7
  8. Retrieving contact

Retrieving contact: Hi guys please help I lost my phone so I just need to get my contacts from it. Where do I go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-contact/1c1ab05e-eb53-475a-a1a4-d03718fda708
  9. Screen shot retrieval.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen shot retrieval.: I have saved a screen shot by pushing Fn and Print Screen buttons. How can I find that screen shot. I have already copied other things to the clip board since then. Is there any way to locate this screen shot?...
  10. Retrieve lock screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Retrieve lock screen picture: Hello, I lost the picture I use currently as my lock screen and would like to get it back but I have no idea how to do it. Thanks for your help! 118214