Windows 10: Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results

Discus and support Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran CHKDSK E: /r on an 8TB external drive which took the better part of two days since it was half full of data. My PC restarted and now I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankyLynn, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results

I ran CHKDSK E: /r on an 8TB external drive which took the better part of two days since it was half full of data. My PC restarted and now I can't find the results of the disk scan. I have checked the Windows support forum, and have found nothing newer than 2010, and none of them for Win10. I followed the instructions for Win7, but could not find "wininit" in Source column. Did Win 10 change this? Help, please!

:)

FrankyLynn, Feb 13, 2019

2. chkdsk /r with Windows 10

CHKDSK works with Windows 10 too. Make sure you are running it with Admin Priviliges and typing the command as under:

chkdsk D: /r

Replace D with the drive letter.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 13, 2019
  3. PhongDo1 Win User
    use chkdsk /r for windows 10

It works with the command:

chkdsk d: /r

Thank you all

PhongDo1, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results

Chkdsk /R results, can someone explain? (particularly stage 4)

Well that explains the erroneous HD space notifications. I would IMMEDIATELY back up. Then I would run a CHKDSK which checks the file system and go to the HD maker, find, download, and run their HD checking utility.

CHKDSK /R

Chkdsk disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found any data available on that sector might be lost so as usual backup your data.

Run CHKDSK /R from an
    elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results

1. Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results - Similar Threads - Retrieving chkdsk results

2. chkdsk D: /r

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk D: /r: After when I am in the Command area as via the admin permissions and use the following command chkdsk D: /r I receive the following message below.Cannot open volume for direct access.Kenneth...
  3. chkdsk D: /r

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk D: /r: After when I am in the Command area as via the admin permissions and use the following command chkdsk D: /r I receive the following message below.Cannot open volume for direct access.Kenneth...
  4. chkdsk D: /r

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. chkdsk /r with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    chkdsk /r with Windows 10: First off I'm laptop user....have this bad external drive...was running chkdsk drive letter: /r.....it stopped because not enough space on that drive for repairguess to store.....how would I run this program to transfer the data to another empty drive connected............
  6. chkdsk /r failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk /r failure: Win 10 ver 2004 When running a Windows Image it gave me a message that it detected bad clusters. I opened a cmd prompt and ran chkdsk /r. It was in Stage 4 with 2 hours left when it rebooted on its own. At the log in screen it showed the usual username, but would not...
  7. Windows 10 Chkdsk C: /r

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Chkdsk C: /r: How often should i ran chkdsk C: /r? Is it okay If run it once a week or either twice a month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-chkdsk-c-r/6ad0742f-6ce6-464e-a4e4-eef500140143
  8. Chkdsk results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk results: Recently ran chkdsk, and looked at results in Event Viewer. It says it made corrections to a few files. How do I know which files it made corrections to ? (also, how do I locate and upload the relevant log file please?) (Windows Home, 64-bit, Version 1909) 147792
  9. chkdsk /r stuck at 10%

chkdsk /r stuck at 10%: Ok, so i ran chkdsk /r because i was getting problems with some programs, and the event log was showing that the HD had defective sectors. I restarted it and now, 6 hours later, its still stuck at 10% in the 1st stage. Is there any way for me to stop it without turning off...
  10. Win10 chkdsk/r.

Win10 chkdsk/r.: Would like to checkdisk/repair but computer says I do not have access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-chkdskr/c59d943f-9519-4afa-92ef-4b8d53cd910c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk ran but not found wininit log in windows10