Windows 10: Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

Discus and support Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eastcoastGM, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

:)

eastcoastGM, Nov 11, 2018

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Nov 11, 2018
  3. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

OneDrive adding folders to Library

I found a workaround for this problem. You can use a tool to automatically delete the OneDrive folders from your libraries every time you log on to your PC.

Here are step-by-step instructions:

Step 1. Go to Windows Libraries Command-Line Tools - The Grim Admin and download the tool

Step 2. Extract the downloaded .zip folder, open the "ShLib" folder and move the file "ShLib.exe" to %userprofile%

Step 3. Press the Windows key and type "Task Scheduler", press Enter

Step 4. In the Task Scheduler application, select "Create Basic Task" on the right

Step 5. Enter any name for the task and click Next

Step 6. Select "When I log on" and click Next

Step 7. Select "Start a program" and click Next

Step 8. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the "ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

Step 9. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:

remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Music"

(this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Music Library)

Step 10. Click Next, then select "Open the properties dialogue for this task when I click Finish" at the bottom, then click Finish

Step 11. In the Properties window, go to the "Triggers" tab

Step 12. Select the "At log on" trigger and click Edit at the bottom

Step 13. Check "Delay task for" and enter "1 minute", then click OK

Step 14. In the Properties window, go to the "Actions" tab

Step 15. Click "New" at the bottom

Step 16. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the "ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

Step 17. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:

remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Pictures"

(this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Pictures Library)

Step 18. Click OK

Step 19. Click "New" at the bottom

Step 20. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the "ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

Step 21. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:

remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Documents"

(this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Documents Library)

Step 22. Click OK, then OK again, and you're done!

Emil Junker, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

1. Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders - Similar Threads - Return files added

2. Adding folders to Onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding folders to Onedrive ?: Is there a way to select folders to backup to Onedrive that dont show in the area to add folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-folders-to-onedrive/6592b120-00dd-429f-98b4-9f9277880993
  3. Adding folders to Onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding folders to Onedrive ?: Is there a way to select folders to backup to Onedrive that dont show in the area to add folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-folders-to-onedrive/6592b120-00dd-429f-98b4-9f9277880993
  4. Adding folders to Onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.: Hallo, ich habe seit 12. Jan. 2018 Daten in OneDrive und die Synchronisierung pausiert. Jetzt stelle ich fest dass ich an diese Daten rund 23,3 GB von 30GB möglichem Volumen nicht mehr runterlanden kann. Ich fühle mich reingelegt da ich von dieser gravierenden Änderung erst...
  6. is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.: Hallo, ich habe seit 12. Jan. 2018 Daten in OneDrive und die Synchronisierung pausiert. Jetzt stelle ich fest dass ich an diese Daten rund 23,3 GB von 30GB möglichem Volumen nicht mehr runterlanden kann. Ich fühle mich reingelegt da ich von dieser gravierenden Änderung erst...
  7. return my screen back to original color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return my screen back to original color: i want my screen back to it's original colors..blues and white.. and my bank green. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-my-screen-back-to-original-color/0b21a528-8814-4c35-92ce-2b3a226e9b2e
  8. return my screen back to original color

return my screen back to original color: i want my screen back to it's original colors..blues and white.. and my bank green. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-my-screen-back-to-original-color/0b21a528-8814-4c35-92ce-2b3a226e9b2e
  9. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

Put OneDrive files back to their original folders: I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on unlink this PC, but all my files disappeared from their original folders. Now there are "Where are my files" shortcuts that...
  10. How to return my folders back to original places and remove from OneDrive

How to return my folders back to original places and remove from OneDrive: Years ago when I installed Windows 10, it moved my Desktop, Documents and Pictures to OneDrive. I solved the issue somehow and restored those folders to their default places. But today I installed update, restarted PC and Windows suggested me to tune my PC. In the wizard on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. return files from onedrive to original

2. how to return files from onedrive to my harddrive 2019

3. onedrive back to original folder

4. return one drive files to pc,
  5. how to return files back to harddrive from onedrive,
  6. return the files back to folders where it is from windows