Windows 10: Return files from OneDrive to my PC and leave them there

Discus and support Return files from OneDrive to my PC and leave them there in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to stop OneDrive from taking my files and removing them from my laptop. I also want my files returned that it has taken. I did not give this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimRiel, Nov 9, 2019.

1. JimRiel Win User

Return files from OneDrive to my PC and leave them there

I want to stop OneDrive from taking my files and removing them from my laptop. I also want my files returned that it has taken. I did not give this process permissions and wish for it to return everything to normal. After refusing many requests to be enabled it somehow enabled itself. I find the deletion of my files and moving them to the cloud and recycle bin annoying. I could only find a setting to disable this for 24 hours maximum so that is no help. I simply want my files to remain local. Thanks.

:)

JimRiel, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

eastcoastGM, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Return files from OneDrive to my PC and leave them there

Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

Hello. I have setup onedrive to backup my files, but when the files transferred to onedrive they have created a backup copy and transferred the original files from my pc to onedrive as well. I now no longer have the original file on my pc and wish to return
    them back to my pc. thank you.

eastcoastGM, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Return files from OneDrive to my PC and leave them there

1. Return files from OneDrive to my PC and leave them there - Similar Threads - Return files OneDrive

2. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  3. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  4. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: So, I tried to desync Onedrive because it keeps trying to charge me for more storage space even though it uses my memory and now I can't send or recieve emails. The problem is that almost all my files are in the "OneDrive - Personal" folder and it vanishes if I try to desync....
  5. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: So, I tried to desync Onedrive because it keeps trying to charge me for more storage space even though it uses my memory and now I can't send or recieve emails. The problem is that almost all my files are in the "OneDrive - Personal" folder and it vanishes if I try to desync....
  6. hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive: whenever I try and unselect a folder via account settings "choose folder" option with pictures in it which are in documents that transfered via onedrive to new pc I get a "cant stop syncing folders cause it contains the windows documents folder" message I tried selecting the...
  7. hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive

hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive: whenever I try and unselect a folder via account settings "choose folder" option with pictures in it which are in documents that transfered via onedrive to new pc I get a "cant stop syncing folders cause it contains the windows documents folder" message I tried selecting the...
  8. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: My storage is full and I just want to clear everything on it so I can send and recieve e-mails again properly, but whatever I delete from Onedrive is deleted from my local files. Also, my local documents folder just contains a shortcut to the Onedrive folder, and I don't know...
  9. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: My storage is full and I just want to clear everything on it so I can send and recieve e-mails again properly, but whatever I delete from Onedrive is deleted from my local files. Also, my local documents folder just contains a shortcut to the Onedrive folder, and I don't know...
  10. Returning files from onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning files from onedrive: Hi, I recently started using onedrive. During set up I chose to backup my files thinking there would be a copy of the files from my desktop, documents, and my pictures stored in the onedrive folder. What I did not expect was that after choosing this, all of these files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders?