Windows 10: Return from W10 to W7

Discus and support Return from W10 to W7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by willden, Oct 22, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Return from W10 to W7

Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me.

:)

willden, Oct 22, 2015

2. Upgrade to W10 from W7,will I be able to go back to Windows 7

How to return to Wind 7

juanmauricio8484, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Upgrade to W10 from W7,will I be able to go back to Windows 7

how do I return to Windows 7 from Windows 10?

juanmauricio8484, Oct 22, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Return from W10 to W7

Within 30 days of the upgrade to win 10 you can roll back the old OS. Some have had problems doing that. Backup first. Go to Settings>Update & Security> Recovery and click on Go back to Windows (7 or 8.1).

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Since the computer came with Windows 8, the only way to get Windows 7 on it is going to be to have a Windows 7 Product Key and do a clean install of Windows 7 on it.

Within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10 you could revert back to Windows 8, but that has proven to not be 100% reliable and you should be prepared (have the installation media on hand) to clean install an OS before you go for it.

NavyLCDR, Oct 22, 2015
  6. willden Win User
    How do I obtain a W7 key and how do I get rid of W10.I am a complete novice and need guidance please.

willden, Oct 23, 2015
  7. JohnC Win User
    Are you within the first 30 days? if so you should need nothing to roll back. If not and it is better to be sure first there should be a small sticker about the size of an address label with the win 7 key it probably is inside the battery compartment. If you need to totally install win 7 there are directions over on the sister forum, Seven Forms. there is tons of advice for reinstalling your system there. Here is a tutorial on making a windows 7 installation drive. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ve-create.html

JohnC, Oct 23, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Return from W10 to W7

Why would there be a Windows 7 sticker on a computer that came with Windows 8?

The 30 day rollback will not take the OP to Windows 7. It will take the OP back to Windows 8, that he upgraded from. The Product Key for Windows 8 will be stored in BIOS and the only sticker on the netbook will be a small, square sticker that says Windows 8, with no product key on it.

NavyLCDR, Oct 23, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  10. JohnC Win User
    I assumed that the W8 reference was a typo. You cannot go back to something you never had. See the title*Smile this was my fault for not asking earlier for a clarification . He can use showkey to get the product info https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html . I should have also mentioned that.

JohnC, Oct 23, 2015
  11. Total Win User
    Could install "Classic Shell" and make Win 10 look and feel like WIN 7 or 8 ..

Total, Oct 23, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    Classic Shell is only one step towards making Windows 10 look and feel like 7. Depending of how close to Windows 7 he want's to go and how willing is to try, he can also change all Windows 10 icons with those from Windows 7, bring Windows gadgets and classic Microsoft games back, make new sound volume and network interface like those of Windows 7 and so on. Have a look at Customization section for similar posts, so I won't have to describe all the steps again.

I can finally have most of Windows 7 and 8 look and features in my Windows 10 installation, so now I have no excuse telling others to postpone the upgrade. *Smile

spapakons, Oct 23, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Return from W10 to W7

You can find Windows 7 Home product key and installation DVD for $60 - $70 on amazon. You will boot the computer from the DVD and do a clean install of Windows 7 (select Install Now, then Custom Install, delete all the partitions on the hard drive, install Windows 7 to the resulting unallocated space). Then, later on when it gets all the updates that will take 2 - 3 days you will have to block the one for Windows 10.

This will completely erase EVERYTHING that came with the computer (except the Windows 8 product key will still be bios should you want to go back to Windows 8 but that won't affect Windows 7 at all.)

NavyLCDR, Oct 23, 2015
  14. crimson Win User
    QUESTION:
    There is a section Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore (Windows 7).

In this section, there is a section for Restore.
    Does this only work if W10 is an upgrade from W7?

My installation is a clean install of W10. Not an upgrade from previous OS. For me, that section says:
    Windows could not find a backup for this computer.

I was just curious about what this section was for.

crimson, Oct 23, 2015
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    That section is for restoring a system image backup that was created with the "Create a system image" link on the same screen.

NavyLCDR, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Return from W10 to W7

1. Return from W10 to W7 - Similar Threads - Return W10

2. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  3. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  4. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  5. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

"Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  6. How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller: Need to remove my personal profile from laptop being returned to seller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-profile-from-laptop-i-am/884b5ed2-28bc-4943-8b21-4997b207b697
  7. How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller

How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller: Need to remove my personal profile from laptop being returned to seller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-profile-from-laptop-i-am/884b5ed2-28bc-4943-8b21-4997b207b697
  8. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  9. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  10. W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results": Many times the Win10 File Explorer works fine, but some times it returns "No results" even if there are obvious matches in the list. Repeating the search does not help. Changing to other directories and doing different searches sometimes works, and sometimes returning to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. may i return to w7 if i updated my notebook to w10 ?