Windows 10: Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

Discus and support Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So as a builder of my own PCs since the mid 90s, later windows versions back to XP have suffered from the really annoying behaviour in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Button2000, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

So as a builder of my own PCs since the mid 90s, later windows versions back to XP have suffered from the really annoying behaviour in File Explorer where once the fist column is expanded beyond what can be displayed and a scroll bar appears a few seconds later the column jumps back to the top forcing you to re-scroll back down to the desired folders.

This is REALLY irritating and an issue that often results in incorrect selection with it jumping back to the top just as you click on the folder you actually want to select.

Windows 10 also suffered from this until about a year ago I would say when it seemed to finally sort itself out. However, in the past month or so it has returned. Time and again we get updates to Windows that introduce "features" of dubious value yet still niggles like this persist.

It occurs of the majority of PC's I have access to and is about time it was fixed.

Before anyone pipes up wit h the so called Fix involving the unselecting of Automatic Colours in the Setting App this was NEVER enabled in the first place so is not the solution to this issue.

With reference to the above anyway, why is this still not addressed anyway? If it is the cause for some users then why are they still expected to uncheck a feature to remedy the issue for them!?

:)

Button2000, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Thormalu Win User

Windows explore jumps to top

Will i am in a folder an i am scrolled down it jumps back to the top of the current folder with out warning and a random times constantly. It only started doing this after I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10.

How do i stop explore jumping to the top of the current folder on its on?

Thormalu, Dec 5, 2020
  3. TLAG Win User
    Explorer jump list folder regression

Hi folks,

Coming from Windows 7, there is a super feature that I miss in windows 10. I was kind of a small trick but saved me a lot of time :

• In W7, when I saved a file on the disk from outlook or my web browser for instance, the folder that I chose as a destination was added to the jump list of the file explorer. So that after saving, to access this file in explorer (to open
      it), I just had to right click the explorer icon in the task bar and then click that very folder that was added on top of the list.
    • In W10, I have to open file explorer and browse manually to that file Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug. :(

I used that like 10 times a day and really miss that feature in Windows 10. Is that a bug? Or an omission ? Or maybe a tricky file explorer option that I didn't spot. I can't believe this was changed by purpose, it was so useful!

Please add it back or let me know how to restore this feature.

TLAG, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need.

Before you ask, I do use folders within folders but even they can have multiple files in them.

Anyone else come across this or know a solution?

George Nicola, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

1. Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug. - Similar Threads - Return annoying Explorer

2. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  3. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...
  6. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  7. annoying explorer bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    annoying explorer bug: Hello. Every time I run my PC (OR almost every time I run it) I have to manually kill explorer.exe and run it again via application manager. If I don't I can't open any Windows tab (like this computer) I can't open folders etc. It's getting annoying and I don't know what to...
  8. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  9. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...