Windows 10: Return to default display settings after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Return to default display settings after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the update, my whole display changed. I did go to settings to try to go back to the settings prior to update, but I made it worse. Help me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joanie 1, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Joanie 1 Win User

Return to default display settings after Windows 10 update

After the update, my whole display changed. I did go to settings to try to go back to the settings prior to update, but I made it worse. Help me to go back to default settings or remove the last update. Thanks

:)

Joanie 1, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Return to default display settings after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Return default display

2. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  3. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  4. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to set display settings to default

how to set display settings to default: i just installed windows 10 and somehow i got a filter of white shade on my screen it goes away when i start valorant and the screen becomes crystal clear but it becomes more zoomed pls help and show me way to reset only display settings to default it would be okay if all my...
  6. Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio

Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio: Please tell me how to return my picture ratios to the default setting. Somehow all my photos are noticeably stretched up and downwards. Also, My Windows 10 is ridiculously slow. Can anyone recommend a better Windows to use that is free to download please?...
  7. settings return to default with reboot/startup

settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  8. cursor returns to default

cursor returns to default: hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-returns-to-default/151e0e64-169a-407e-aa83-a686b5ab53c1
  9. Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....: ... and if so, is there any way to prevent this happening ? I have 7 "control" computers & photo kiosks, plus 4 workstations all open networked together (password protected sharing is turned off) with network drives and shared folders all over the place. The "control"...
  10. Notification / Pop Up settings return to default after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification / Pop Up settings return to default after restart: I set my notification / pop up settings for Synology Cloud Drive to the OFF position both under the windows notification settings and in the app itself. Every time I restart the computer it resets itself to the ON position. Is this a Win10 issue or an issue with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore original color settings

2. restore display color windows 10

3. restore default color settings windows 10

4. My color setting are messed up I need to go back to last week settings Nov 15 2019 Settings ,
  5. reset default screen setting windows 10,
  6. default display settings windows 10