Windows 10: Return to normal resolution

Discus and support Return to normal resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything is huge on my screen even though in display the settings are set at the recommendations. When following directions to reset the resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Valentine_777, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Return to normal resolution

Everything is huge on my screen even though in display the settings are set at the recommendations. When following directions to reset the resolution or the display, when typing "Display" in the search field under Control Panel, The information for Display is not available at all. This is with Windows 10. I don't want to customize under Advanced Setting for fear I might create a bigger problem. I've rebooted my desktop several times hoping it would auto reset, but without success. I remember a simple one-click solution with Windows 8, but I'm at a loss as to how to return everything - desktop content, icons, any opened file or Google browser, tool bar icons back to the normal view. I do not have Magnify on - it is off. Help someone!

:)

Valentine_777, Aug 11, 2020

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Desctop got 2/3 of the normal size

Hello,

This should be resolved by updating the screen resolution for your display. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Open Start , select Settings > System > Display.
    2. Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."
    3. If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Return to normal resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Return to normal resolution

1. Return to normal resolution - Similar Threads - Return normal resolution

2. What can I do to return to normal speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to return to normal speed?: Hello,I’ve turned on my laptop that was running just normal yesterday to find it being extremely slow during startup and doing normal functions opening folders, settings, refreshing etc.I’ve run Malwarebytes and Microsoft Defender quick scan couple of times but no virus was...
  3. What can I do to return to normal speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do to return to normal speed?: Hello,I’ve turned on my laptop that was running just normal yesterday to find it being extremely slow during startup and doing normal functions opening folders, settings, refreshing etc.I’ve run Malwarebytes and Microsoft Defender quick scan couple of times but no virus was...
  4. My screen is shrinking an returning to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is shrinking an returning to normal: My screen completes goes to this size then returns to normal and it's making my PC unusable, please help. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-shrinking-an-returning-to-normal/c3d5aaaf-0fac-479c-96e7-0f4ffee5fcd8
  5. My screen is shrinking an returning to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen is shrinking an returning to normal: My screen completes goes to this size then returns to normal and it's making my PC unusable, please help. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-shrinking-an-returning-to-normal/c3d5aaaf-0fac-479c-96e7-0f4ffee5fcd8
  6. Screen constantly returns to normal window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen constantly returns to normal window: Using Windows with my desktop. I know how to click on the Chrome icon and set it to maximize the window. But I am constantly doing something that returns the screen to normal smaller. Then I have to go through the whole process and restart the computer. What could I be...
  7. Black Screen for a few seconds, then returns to normal, then repeats.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen for a few seconds, then returns to normal, then repeats.: Usually after I close a game and return to my desktop, my screen will have a minor glitch then go to a black screen for a few seconds then return to normal. Then everything happens again after like 10 seconds and it just repeats until I restart. This started happening out of...
  8. Returning back from safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning back from safe mode to normal mode: Hi, To remove recently added software i wanted to go safemode and i used msconfig command to do so but unfortunately i blocked at login page, instead of asking pin it asked to enter password which i forget. I tried "shift+restart" to get in safe mode with networking and...
  9. Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal: So I'm gaming, pop an achievement, screen goes blank, adjusts the resolution to show the achievement, then screen goes blank and adjusts resolution back to the games resolution. FYI, I'd like to keep my acheivements active so don't want to simply disabled then. Thanks in...
  10. restore normal screen resolution with new battery pack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    restore normal screen resolution with new battery pack: How do I restore normal screen resolution, after installing new battery pack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-normal-screen-resolution-with-new-battery/585f9818-b727-4bc4-9480-fc6c982f7c7c