Windows 10: return to start screen when closing an app

Discus and support return to start screen when closing an app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get windows 10 to return to the start screen instead of the desktop when I close an app? Seems strange that we are forced to use the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by illini9756, Jan 6, 2019.

1. return to start screen when closing an app

How can I get windows 10 to return to the start screen instead of the desktop when I close an app? Seems strange that we are forced to use the desktop after win 10 has being touted as the next big thing! Answers anyone? Please?

:)

illini9756, Jan 6, 2019

2. Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Apps "crashing" and returning to start screen - Lumia 650

When i launch any app like facebook , insta , calendar or other apps ,it immediately closes and return to start Screen..!

Muhammad Luqman Asif, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Ed6981 Win User

return to start screen when closing an app

Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

When my computer starts up it defaults to the desktop, not the start screen. Also when I close an app that opened in the start screen it returns me to the desktop not the start screen. How do I get windows to default to the start screen on start-up and
    to return to the start screen when I close an app?

Ed6981, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

return to start screen when closing an app

1. return to start screen when closing an app - Similar Threads - return start screen

2. Apps start for a second and closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps start for a second and closes: after my update to windows 11, most apps are not functioning anymore.They open for 1 second and close or they put an error for example the photos app is now corrupt and I can't open imagesPlease I need a help top this I've tried everything on google such asUpdate the Apps...
  3. Apps start for a second and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps start for a second and closes: after my update to windows 11, most apps are not functioning anymore.They open for 1 second and close or they put an error for example the photos app is now corrupt and I can't open imagesPlease I need a help top this I've tried everything on google such asUpdate the Apps...
  4. Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...: As explained above, using a Microsoft surface laptop 3 on windows 10, the cursor randomly appears in the middle of the tv when the lid of the laptop is closed. When I used an external mouse to move it away, the streaming bar at the bottom appears and never goes away. Any...
  5. Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...

Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...: As explained above, using a Microsoft surface laptop 3 on windows 10, the cursor randomly appears in the middle of the tv when the lid of the laptop is closed. When I used an external mouse to move it away, the streaming bar at the bottom appears and never goes away. Any...
  6. Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. The Xbox app does not work on my PC when the app starts, a black screen appears and closes...

The Xbox app does not work on my PC when the app starts, a black screen appears and closes...: Please help solve my problem, and so what was I trying to do:Reinstalled Windows 11Reset and restore all Xbox apps and the Microsoft storeI ran the sfc /scannow command via CMDRunning the application recovery toolDownloaded all updates...
  8. Cursor returns to center when using external screen and closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor returns to center when using external screen and closing laptop lid: I have been attaching my laptop to my TV for streaming of things I can't get on my TV. I set the laptop such that I can close the lid and not put it to sleep. The problem is, when I close the lid on my laptop, the cursor lights up right in the center of the screen. This is...
  9. Edge starts when returning from screen saver, etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge starts when returning from screen saver, etc: Could someone please tell me, once and for all, how to stop edge from starting when I return from a locked screen. I also don't want it started under ANY circumstances. This is my PC. Not microsoft's. I've tried different things I found on the web and I guess they aren't...
  10. Not able to close start screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to close start screen: after restarting my pc, i am not able to see desktop screen. it always shows Start screen. pressing start button does not have any impact on it. my windows 10 has been updated multiple times but this issue persists after every update. if i start any application then start...