Return to W8.1

Discus and support Return to W8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried 10074 and 10122 so the question is can I return to 8.1 Thanks 6314 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, May 23, 2015.

1. enigma1944 Win User

Return to W8.1

I tried 10074 and 10122 so the question is can I return to 8.1

Thanks

:)

enigma1944, May 23, 2015
  2. barryleggett Win User

how can I return to w8.1 from w10?

how can I return to w8.1 from w10? I don't find any info on w10. Thanks

barryleggett, May 23, 2015
  3. 3henman Win User
    Making Start Screen the default when closing apps in Win10

Looking through all the posts on this topic it appears that we can't 'close an app and return to start screen'. The options in W8.1 Taskbar/Navigation don't appear in W10? Is this really the MS intention or is it an upgrade issue?

3henman, May 23, 2015
  4. Mark Phelps Win User

Return to W8.1

From within Win10? Basically, no. You would need to do a clean install of Win8.1

Mark Phelps, May 23, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Depends on how you acquired the W10 Builds. Did you clean install or did you upgrade?

If you clean installed, you'll probably have to clean install W8.1

If you upgraded you may be able to rollback:
    Press and hold Shift while you click Restart in Power Menu, then follow these possible menu choices:

Return to W8.1 [​IMG]

Return to W8.1 [​IMG]

Return to W8.1 [​IMG]

investigate the appropriate one(s).

(There is a tutorial on site for this also, you could check the list)

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  6. stealth2920 Win User
    Just restore your Win 8.1 backup image that you made prior to installing Win 10. *Smile

stealth2920, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Return to W8.1

1. Return to W8.1 - Similar Threads - Return

2. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  3. Why does AOL attach AOL.com to an email address. Whch causes the mail to be returned!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does AOL attach AOL.com to an email address. Whch causes the mail to be returned!: Why does AOL attach aol.com to outgoing emails??? This causes the mail to be returned! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-does-aol-attach-aolcom-to-an-email-address/c434fca4-38d3-4d00-ae8b-78a9ec72f3df
  4. Returning to the desktop after April uprade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Returning to the desktop after April uprade: How do I return to the Windows desktop post the April MS Windows 10 upgrade? By desktop I mean without any tiles being displayed. Prior to the upgrade, I simply minimized all windows and the desktop was there. I noted that this question was asked in the February time...
  5. The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The start menu always returns to the top when I let go the mouse button?: When I open the start menu and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to go down the list it does not stay but scrolls back to the top when I release the mouse button. Why?...
  6. Rotated photos return to primary position when emailed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotated photos return to primary position when emailed: I have an issue with Microsoft photos on my new laptop. I take a photo then rotate it so that it would be convenient to see. But when I send it via my gmail, it reverts back in the primary position. How to stop this?...
  7. I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 currently running Windows 10 Mobile and I would like to return...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 currently running Windows 10 Mobile and I would like to return...: I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 currently running Windows 10 Mobile and I would like to return to Windows 8.1 Mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-have-a-microsoft-lumia-640-currently-running/524b8315-9897-4980-8eab-f657aca4e2e2
  8. HP Spectre 360 convertible laptop- I inadvertently changed settings and can not return to...

HP Spectre 360 convertible laptop- I inadvertently changed settings and can not return to...: I inadvertently changed screen or display settings and can not return to preferred ones. Now when I open an app it opens in full window and I can not resize. And my start menu changed and the apps are on the screen rather than the start menu. Can you help with this?...
  9. Everything on my computer screen is appearing larger than normal. how do i return to...

Everything on my computer screen is appearing larger than normal. how do i return to...: I turned off my computer before vacation and turned off the power strip. When I booted up again, everything on the computer screen is appearing larger than normal. Not just on the desktop but in MS Office, internet browser... all my apps. How do I return to previous size...
  10. Returning power icon to taskbar

Returning power icon to taskbar: Hi, Hope someone can help with this. Somehow my power indicator icon has disappeared from the taskbar. I looked at the various icons somewhere in Settings and it showed that the power indicator was ON...however..I can't click on it as it's shaded grey for some reason, as...