Return to W8.1

Discus and support Return to W8.1 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I tried 10074 and 10122 so the question is can I return to 8.1 Thanks 6314 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, May 23, 2015.

1. enigma1944 Win User

I tried 10074 and 10122 so the question is can I return to 8.1

Thanks

:)

enigma1944, May 23, 2015
  2. barryleggett Win User

how can I return to w8.1 from w10?

how can I return to w8.1 from w10? I don't find any info on w10. Thanks

barryleggett, May 23, 2015
  3. 3henman Win User
    Making Start Screen the default when closing apps in Win10

Looking through all the posts on this topic it appears that we can't 'close an app and return to start screen'. The options in W8.1 Taskbar/Navigation don't appear in W10? Is this really the MS intention or is it an upgrade issue?

3henman, May 23, 2015
  4. Mark Phelps Win User

Return to W8.1

From within Win10? Basically, no. You would need to do a clean install of Win8.1

Mark Phelps, May 23, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Depends on how you acquired the W10 Builds. Did you clean install or did you upgrade?

If you clean installed, you'll probably have to clean install W8.1

If you upgraded you may be able to rollback:
    Press and hold Shift while you click Restart in Power Menu, then follow these possible menu choices:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

investigate the appropriate one(s).

(There is a tutorial on site for this also, you could check the list)

Edwin, May 24, 2015
  6. stealth2920 Win User
    Just restore your Win 8.1 backup image that you made prior to installing Win 10. *Smile

stealth2920, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Return to W8.1

Return to W8.1 - Similar Threads - Return

1. New PC is rebooting when idle, event viewer returns "bugcheck" errors

in Windows 10 Support
    New PC is rebooting when idle, event viewer returns "bugcheck" errors: I built an AMD Ryzen 2700x pc. New Samsung SSD and Windows 10 64bit pro installation. There have been no crashes or strange events aside from some issues surrounding the PC in an idle state---it seems to reboot for no reason. If I boot the computer up and just let it sit, it...
  2. Windows Defender Scheduled scan task returns result 0x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Scheduled scan task returns result 0x2: Hi. Windows Defender has 4 Scheduled tasks. All but the periodic scan task completes successfully (0x0). The Periodic scan task returns a result of 0x2. The same occurs if I run the task on demand. Note that a while back I created a custom Windows Defender Scheduled task scan...
  3. Windows Defender returns result 0x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender returns result 0x2: Hi. There are 4 Windows Defender Scheduled Tasks. All but the periodic scan task result in successful completions (0x0). The Scheduled Periodic scan task results return 0x2. This holds true even if I run the task on demand. I've found that by disabling Real Time Protection...
  4. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan returns result 0x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan returns result 0x2: Hi. There are 4 Windows Defender Scheduled Tasks. All but the periodic scan task result in successful completions (0x0). The Scheduled Periodic scan task results return 0x2. This holds true even if I run the task on demand. I've found that by disabling Real Time Protection...
  5. Upgrade to 1803, recovery to 1709. Cannot return to 1803.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to 1803, recovery to 1709. Cannot return to 1803.: When I received the upgrade to 1803, every thing seemed fine for a couple of days but then I needed to scan a document and found that I could not communicate with my Epson printer/scanner. To cut a very long story short, I eventually found that turning my VPN (CyberGhost) off...
  6. #XboxE3 2018: Tales of Vesperia Returns to Xbox One This Winter in HD

in Windows 10 Support
    #XboxE3 2018: Tales of Vesperia Returns to Xbox One This Winter in HD: 0FIUix_qFQo One of the most-beloved roleplaying games ever created returns later this year to Xbox One, including characters and content never seen in the West, and will be remastered in HD: Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. Prepare to experience a story like no...
  7. How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to return to PC Settings > Apps "Allow apps from anywhere?": I wanted to install iTunes from an Apple download. I get the message: "Your PC settings mean only verified apps from the Store can be installed. Here's a similar app from the Store" In "PC Settings", I see "Allow apps from the store only" I changed to "Allow apps from...
Return to W8.1 solved