Windows 10: Return to W8.1

Discus and support Return to W8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried 10074 and 10122 so the question is can I return to 8.1 Thanks 6314 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, May 23, 2015.

1. enigma1944 Win User

Return to W8.1

I tried 10074 and 10122 so the question is can I return to 8.1

Thanks

:)

enigma1944, May 23, 2015
  2. barryleggett Win User

how can I return to w8.1 from w10?

how can I return to w8.1 from w10? I don't find any info on w10. Thanks

barryleggett, May 23, 2015
  3. 3henman Win User
    Making Start Screen the default when closing apps in Win10

Looking through all the posts on this topic it appears that we can't 'close an app and return to start screen'. The options in W8.1 Taskbar/Navigation don't appear in W10? Is this really the MS intention or is it an upgrade issue?

3henman, May 23, 2015
  4. Mark Phelps Win User

Return to W8.1

From within Win10? Basically, no. You would need to do a clean install of Win8.1

Mark Phelps, May 23, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Depends on how you acquired the W10 Builds. Did you clean install or did you upgrade?

If you clean installed, you'll probably have to clean install W8.1

If you upgraded you may be able to rollback:
    Press and hold Shift while you click Restart in Power Menu, then follow these possible menu choices:

Return to W8.1 [​IMG]

Return to W8.1 [​IMG]

Return to W8.1 [​IMG]

investigate the appropriate one(s).

(There is a tutorial on site for this also, you could check the list)

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  6. stealth2920 Win User
    Just restore your Win 8.1 backup image that you made prior to installing Win 10. *Smile

stealth2920, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Return to W8.1

1. Return to W8.1 - Similar Threads - Return

2. October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem: I know I figured this out back when the Creators Update first went live, but I no longer remember what the solution was. I use bluetooth for both my mouse and keyboard because the battery life is 10x what it would be if I used the usb dongle. Ever since yesterday, there seems...
  3. display size will not return to normal size after disconnecting from a projector.

in Windows 10 Customization
    display size will not return to normal size after disconnecting from a projector.: The area that is displaying on my monitor is now too small and did not return to normal size after unplugging projector and rebooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size-will-not-return-to-normal-size-after/4d2aaf1d-cdab-4e1c-9118-3f1a1cf9830d
  4. Hidden driver update keeps returning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hidden driver update keeps returning: Good morning, tenors, I have an HP 10-e, basically a nice touch screen netbook. It was designed for Win 8, and took the upgrade to Win10 very nicely, except for the display driver. The notebook began to perform very sluggishly once I had completed all the updates. In task...
  5. Multiple webcam setup. Always returns with blue screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple webcam setup. Always returns with blue screen on windows 10: I have 2 logitech 920 web cams and one logitech p9000 on an AMD threadripper 1950x system , running 64gb ddr4 3200 speed ram and a AMD r9 390x as my video card . No matter what I have tried with more than one cam set up I get blue screen . How can I correct this ? My mother...
  6. My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on

My laptop screen doesn't return to full brightness when I log on: I noticed that since my laptop had the last update, my screen brightness doesn't stay "bright" unless I unplug the battery cord. How do I get it to stay bright? I have seen that once I log on and unplug the battery cord - that my screen stays bright until I put in on sleep...
  7. Windows 10 Task view freezes prevents return to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Task view freezes prevents return to desktop: My computer is running windows 10 version 10.0.17134. When I press windows + TAB to launch the task view / virtual desktop the task view freezes on the screen. I can't change virtual desktops I can't alt F4 out. If I press CTRL ALT DEL the screen overlay comes up where I can...
  8. Return to dissalusionment.

in Windows 10 Support
    Return to dissalusionment.: *Banghead Tell me guys, is there another totally independent OS that WORKS, non Microsoft? A. which is it? B. Will it play all programs installed on current PC operating under Microsoft W10 Details please. Many thanks.*Party 119193
  9. Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL - Always get "/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 sroy' returned error code 10....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL - Always get "/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 sroy' returned error code 10....: Hi, I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux on a laptop running with the following OS. [ATTACH] Right after I installed Ubuntu 18.04 from Microsoft Store, it asked to set up a user, unfortunately, I does not work. So I continue with "apt update" and "apt upgrade" and then...
  10. Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts

Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts: I doesnt understend what going on with desktop on my PC http://piccy.info/view3/12654002/0a26bcb28e72afbbb8fd8d58e301334b/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/pleasehelp-me-return-desktop-shortcuts/97531352-5f15-4b4f-9b9f-5d62093883b0