Windows 10: Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro

Discus and support Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to go back to Windows 10 Home 64bit I accidentally upgraded to Pro where I can't re-activated Windows on both machines Laptop which doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John Jewitt, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro

I want to go back to Windows 10 Home 64bit I accidentally upgraded to Pro where I can't re-activated Windows on both machines Laptop which doesn't support Pro and the same goes for the desktop but then I enter another product key for Home and comes up as Education on Laptop, also I do have Windows 10 Home digital license install on laptop but not desktop because it was Windows 7 Home when I upgraded to Windows 10 4 years ago. Please help me restore Windows 10 Home even without it's original key. I had the HDD on Protect for Windows if there was changes on OS upgraded to Pro and now its turned off protect.

:)

John Jewitt, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro

1. Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro - Similar Threads - Return Home Pro

2. Chat support doesn't work - need to return Windows 10 home and exchange for Windows 10 pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Chat support doesn't work - need to return Windows 10 home and exchange for Windows 10 pro: I have had zero luck in reaching chat support and I don't know where else to turn. I just bought 2 copies of Windows 10 home and our office computers need Windows 10 Pro for our dental software to work. We are currently using Windows 8.1 Pro.A separate issue is that I cannot...
  3. Chat support doesn't work - need to return Windows 10 home and exchange for Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chat support doesn't work - need to return Windows 10 home and exchange for Windows 10 pro: I have had zero luck in reaching chat support and I don't know where else to turn. I just bought 2 copies of Windows 10 home and our office computers need Windows 10 Pro for our dental software to work. We are currently using Windows 8.1 Pro.A separate issue is that I cannot...
  4. Chat support doesn't work - need to return Windows 10 home and exchange for Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. after upgrade from home to pro what key does the registry return? home or pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after upgrade from home to pro what key does the registry return? home or pro?: Hi, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Microsoft Store online. The OS was successfully upgraded but not activated. How to activate?I confirmed my Microsoft online accounts were linked. I read the confirmation email for Windows 10 Pro from the...
  6. Return/ Cancel Windows 10 Home License

Return/ Cancel Windows 10 Home License: Hi,I have bought windows 10 license today to install on my PC.However it looks like my PC came with an OEM license and that I don't need a separate license anymore.I would like to return the license/ cancel my order - please could you help?ThanksChaitanya...
  7. Return Windows 10 Home License

Return Windows 10 Home License: Hi I would like to return the license of Windows 10 that I purchased. I did use it on a macbook pro that I recently returned. Please advise and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-windows-10-home-license/53baefdd-65b2-4a4f-b3cc-1cd047b35b8a
  8. Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro

Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro: Greg, I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store because there was no sound from my laptop using the Home version and thought that the Pro version might be able to solve the problem. Unfortunately there was no sound from my laptop using...
  9. Returning Windows 10 Home

Returning Windows 10 Home: What is the process for obtaining a return of purchase price (May 8) for Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-windows-10-home/e93cd5df-e942-459f-8a6e-71fcb4841bf9"
  10. can i return the recently windows 10 home and buy the window 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i return the recently windows 10 home and buy the window 10 pro: I purchased yesterday for my sons laptop windows 10 home but i was not given the installer for windows 10 home version by the microsoft website. can i return the home i purchased and change it to pro instead....