Windows 10: Returning an activated Laptop

Discus and support Returning an activated Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I recently bought a laptop, set it up with my Microsoft profile and used it for a few days. I have decided to return it but when i factory reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by C.Holder, Nov 27, 2019.

1. C.Holder Win User

Returning an activated Laptop

Hi I recently bought a laptop, set it up with my Microsoft profile and used it for a few days. I have decided to return it but when i factory reset it, it retained my microsoft account. Is it possible to reset to out of box status for a new user to set up?

:)

C.Holder, Nov 27, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Purchased laptop less than 2 months ago, how can I return?

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

To return the laptop or any hardware related issues, I suggest you to get in touch with the Manufacturer.

Laptops General - Read Only - Dell Community

Please answer the questions below to assist you better.

- Did you make changes prior to this issue?

- Are you able the see light when you turn on the laptop?

I suggest you to do a power drain by following the steps below.

• Remove the battery.

• Long press the power button for 15-20 seconds.

• Start the computer by connecting the power source (battery should not be connected).

• Check if the problem still persists while shutting down the computer.

• If not, then connect the battery and can use the computer.

Hope this information helps. Get back to us with more information to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Returning an activated Laptop

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Returning an activated Laptop

1. Returning an activated Laptop - Similar Threads - Returning activated Laptop

2. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  3. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  4. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting Win10 to return laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Win10 to return laptop: Hello! I recently got a laptop that came with FreeDos and now I need to return it because of a faulty screen. Since I only noticed it after installing Win10 on it, I'm now trying to uninstall it/do factory reset(?) I followed a tutorial to get to the Windows setup where you...
  6. Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Returning Purchased Laptop to Store: I need to return a Dell 15 3000 SSD to the store where I recently purchased it. It is running Windows 10 Home. I have personal data on the system and have used the laptop for work and related activities that need to remain secure. If I go to settings and reset the PC using...
  7. restoring original activation status - returning laptop to ebay seller

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restoring original activation status - returning laptop to ebay seller: Hello, my first post on this forum. I bought a laptop from a private seller on ebay. Unfortunately, there are too many issues with it which were not mentioned in the description, so it does need to go back to the seller as "not as described". I don't want the seller to be...
  8. New laptop 4p12-19. Return?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop 4p12-19. Return?: New notebook 4-12-19. On 4-19-19 I restored to April 12 as it would not reboot in timely manner. About a hour later got blue screen error, "collecting information and shutting down computer." Then when it came back on said "Diagnosing to attempt repair." Then "could not...
  9. Returned stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Returned stolen laptop: I had my laptop stolen, I got it back 2 month later but the person rest it has logged-in to it. How can I rest it and set it back to factory setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returned-stolen-laptop/096006ff-8364-49a5-a29d-79467e469d10"
  10. Can I return a laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I return a laptop?: What is the policy for returning laptops bought in a Microsoft Store? I did not really get a clear answer on the back of the receipt. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/can-i-return-a-laptop/1f1b2953-be17-4c3c-91ac-5a9d2f63aac1