Windows 10: Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it

Discus and support Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I have decided to return my Dell due to the occasional quiet squeak that I hear. I am concerned about all the data I have on it already. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ydono, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ydono Win User

Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it

I think I have decided to return my Dell due to the occasional quiet squeak that I hear. I am concerned about all the data I have on it already. How would I go about getting all my data off so that the next possible owner can not get to it? thanks

:)

ydono, Jan 28, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Jan 28, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Bullshit. 2 step verification and purchase orders requires an account of course, but virtually everything else can be performed with local data storage in the browser. Companies don't want to do this of course, but it is possible.

R-T-B, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it - Similar Threads - Returning computer personal

2. How do I get a code for personal vault

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get a code for personal vault: Windows 10 Ver.1909 64bit.In my OneDrive folder there is a section calles "Personal Vault".I have some screen shots which have been put there but I`m being asked for a CODE to open it.Where and how do I get the code from? 149956
  3. HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK?: I tried using 365 Education for my tutoring business, and it did not serve my needs. File Explorer hid or deleted my personal files and it installed the Education files which have no files on my computer. HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK? I tried opening up a ticket...
  4. how do I delete this off my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I delete this off my computer?: So I thought it was a good idea to name my folders the reserve files for Windows, I try deleting them it says that I do not have permission to delete the folder and I honestly do not know what to do. This also happens when I open it also says I do not have permission to...
  5. How do I get bing off my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get bing off my computer.: How do I get bing off my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing/6a89983d-0b37-4030-be2a-91f2300cd772
  6. How do I get this off of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get this off of my desktop?: The bar in the screenshot: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-this-off-of-my-desktop/192460dc-8bd2-4712-b28e-81ba5b97e259
  7. How do I get of this work account on my personal computer

How do I get of this work account on my personal computer: Since I no longer need this account, how do I delete it from my computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-of-this-work-account-on-my-personal/3af9eadb-2d06-4372-9c73-a993aa7cf858
  8. How do I turn off and on all my Antiviruses on my Windows 10 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off and on all my Antiviruses on my Windows 10 computer?: I'm downloading my Android Studio SDK so I need to turn off all of my Antiviruses temporarily so that it does not damage or stop what I am downloading then turn it all back on after the download how would I do this exactly?...
  9. How do I get @#$^(& Japanese language OFF my computers.

How do I get @#$^(& Japanese language OFF my computers.: My wife, who is Japanese starting using my old laptop for business. She was logging into my Microsoft account so she can use Office 365 for her business. She decided to change the language on that one laptop to Japanese. Next thing I know, all my household computers using...
  10. How do I get back data

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back data: Hi, pls need ur help in getting data bck. I tried to restore the pic bck last night but I couldn't find the restore point for yesterday I could only see earlier than that and all the employees data were taken yesterday. Pls save my ASS. 72052