Windows 10: Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it

Discus and support Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I have decided to return my Dell due to the occasional quiet squeak that I hear. I am concerned about all the data I have on it already. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ydono, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ydono Win User

Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it

I think I have decided to return my Dell due to the occasional quiet squeak that I hear. I am concerned about all the data I have on it already. How would I go about getting all my data off so that the next possible owner can not get to it? thanks

:)

ydono, Jan 28, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Jan 28, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Bullshit. 2 step verification and purchase orders requires an account of course, but virtually everything else can be performed with local data storage in the browser. Companies don't want to do this of course, but it is possible.

R-T-B, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it - Similar Threads - Returning computer personal

2. how do I get hackers off of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get hackers off of my computer: how do I get hackers off of my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-hackers-off-of-my-computer/7dc0ed06-74d4-495a-b85a-84616b9224bd
  3. how do I get hackers off of my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get hackers off of my computer: how do I get hackers off of my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-hackers-off-of-my-computer/7dc0ed06-74d4-495a-b85a-84616b9224bd
  4. How do I get this off my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this off my computer?: I was on the Microsoft store and I see someone has hacked my account. I went to setting and I saw that there is an email address on the main account that I don't know of. It is on the main account of the computer and I want to get it off, but I can't because I need to sign...
  5. How do I get this off my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this off my computer?: I was on the Microsoft store and I see someone has hacked my account. I went to setting and I saw that there is an email address on the main account that I don't know of. It is on the main account of the computer and I want to get it off, but I can't because I need to sign...
  6. How do I get the WinZip **** off my computer. "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the WinZip **** off my computer. ": "Maximize Your PC's Performance" is BLOCKING my screen. That is the only thing on the center of my screen and I can't get it off. And if I try to add the free trial, I am told that it is DANGEROUS to add it. What kind of **** is this that takes over my computer?????...
  7. How do I get the WinZip **** off my computer. "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the WinZip **** off my computer. ": "Maximize Your PC's Performance" is BLOCKING my screen. That is the only thing on the center of my screen and I can't get it off. And if I try to add the free trial, I am told that it is DANGEROUS to add it. What kind of **** is this that takes over my computer?????...
  8. How do i get mcafee off my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i get mcafee off my computer?: I bought a laptop that came with one year free mcafee antivirus already installed on it. my one year ran out six months ago and i have since downloaded AVG for my antiv8rus software . Mcafee is still on my computer and very much active usi g up my ram, popping up...
  9. How do I get McAfee off my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get McAfee off my computer?: I cannot believe it is legal to install software in such a way that it blocks being removed and it hacks into all my reports. I have bought a better anti spyware that doesn't block my productivity. I went in to every possible area to uninstall and it had me blocked. Pop up...
  10. How do I get of this work account on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get of this work account on my personal computer: Since I no longer need this account, how do I delete it from my computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-of-this-work-account-on-my-personal/3af9eadb-2d06-4372-9c73-a993aa7cf858