Windows 10: Returning desktop brackground on new installation

Discus and support Returning desktop brackground on new installation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, After many years of not caring and wondering, I finally want to find out why my customized desktop background returns, this is a background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WillemJ2, Sep 18, 2020.

1. WillemJ2 Win User

Returning desktop brackground on new installation

Dear All,

After many years of not caring and wondering, I finally want to find out why my customized desktop background returns, this is a background that I created many years ago.

The background returns on new installations and even new laptops. So I'm pretty sure that it is linked to my microsoft account. But where is it stored?

I looked in the microsoft account and onedrive, but nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Willem

:)

WillemJ2, Sep 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 18, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Returning desktop brackground on new installation

returning to desktop

I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently,
    when working in Office or email, moving the mouse away from my keyboard will result in this return to desktop feature and requires moving the mouse around the screen to get back to the work area. I don't even know what to call this feature in order to find
    help. I would appreciate suggestions.

JillDouglas, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Returning desktop brackground on new installation

1. Returning desktop brackground on new installation - Similar Threads - Returning desktop brackground

2. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  3. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  4. Win + D won't return to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + D won't return to desktop: [ATTACH] Hello folks and folkettes! Quick question: whenever I open up a game (in this case Dota 2) and I wish to return to the desktop, by either pressing either CTRL+ESC or WIN+D or even ALT+TAB, the only thing that comes on top is the taskbar. Even if I click on Aero...
  5. returning to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning to desktop: I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently, when working in...
  6. SFC returning multiple errors after new clean install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC returning multiple errors after new clean install: Version is 1909, build 18363.535. I did a clean install upgrade from Windows 7 on a desktop PC I built myself around 2012. Boot drive is a Samsung 500Gb SSD. There are other mechanical HDs on the system including 2 external HDs. SFC has been returning multiple errors. I run...
  7. Return Desktop Icon size to default

Return Desktop Icon size to default: The desktop icon size suddenly increased by a factor of 4. How do I return them to the default size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-desktop-icon-size-to-default/d620ba2a-4acc-4c1a-ad0c-87c052143f7d
  8. Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts

Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts: I doesnt understend what going on with desktop on my PC http://piccy.info/view3/12654002/0a26bcb28e72afbbb8fd8d58e301334b/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/pleasehelp-me-return-desktop-shortcuts/97531352-5f15-4b4f-9b9f-5d62093883b0
  9. Returning to the desktop after April uprade

Returning to the desktop after April uprade: How do I return to the Windows desktop post the April MS Windows 10 upgrade? By desktop I mean without any tiles being displayed. Prior to the upgrade, I simply minimized all windows and the desktop was there. I noted that this question was asked in the February time...
  10. How to Return to Traditional Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Return to Traditional Desktop: I went through all the settings last night, making changes as desired, and somehow managed to screw up my desktop. Instead of seeing my icons on the background and in the taskbar, I have a bunch of start menu tiles covering the screen. I know it's probably a simple matter to...