Windows 10: Returning from sleep

Discus and support Returning from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by no1yak, Jan 15, 2018.

1. no1yak Win User

Returning from sleep

I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no difference, also tried earlier bios - no change. Can't seem to figure out what's going on.

Any help would be most welcome.- Have also tried a clean install of Windows, current version is 16299.192

:)

no1yak, Jan 15, 2018

2. Powercfg /sleepstudy report shows "Unknown [NONE]" appid which consumes more power

hi SundarPR

I see Unknown appid exactly when my laptop automatically return from sleep(sometimes is connected to charger and sometimes isn't ). every time laptop return auto from sleep , I see this Unknown appid in sleep study but if I manual return laptop
    from sleep , sleep study didn't show me Unknown appid .

my laptop is asus ux501vw

thanks

Mohsen20247, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Return from sleep crashes

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you
      might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 15, 2018
  4. Win10Pro Win User

Returning from sleep

1. Could it be a faulty mouse or a keyboard?

2. Does the same thing happen when you run the OS in Safe Mode? What happens when you click on the program's icon while holding the Ctrl + Shift keys?

3. English is not my native language so forgive me my question: does "taskbar won't open" mean that it doesn't appear at all on the screen?

Win10Pro, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

Returning from sleep

1. Returning from sleep - Similar Threads - Returning sleep

2. Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.: BSOD occurs when pc returns from sleep after an extended amount of time e.g 4~5 minutes. been happening for a few weeks now and pc was unable to create a minidump until now, installed WinDBG to analyze the file.SYSTEM SPECS:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x RAM: 16Gb ddr4GPU: GTX 1050TI...
  3. Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.: BSOD occurs when pc returns from sleep after an extended amount of time e.g 4~5 minutes. been happening for a few weeks now and pc was unable to create a minidump until now, installed WinDBG to analyze the file.SYSTEM SPECS:CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x RAM: 16Gb ddr4GPU: GTX 1050TI...
  4. Windows 10 constant BSOD when return from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11: I have a Dell Latitude with Windows 11. When my PC returns from sleep mode the sound stops working. When I check Sound Settings the laptop's integrated speakers Intel Smart Sound Technology are still selected. I'm usually quite good at troubleshooting PC issues. I've followed...
  6. No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11

No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11: I have a Dell Latitude with Windows 11. When my PC returns from sleep mode the sound stops working. When I check Sound Settings the laptop's integrated speakers Intel Smart Sound Technology are still selected. I'm usually quite good at troubleshooting PC issues. I've followed...
  7. All tabs in File Explorer return to "Home" after sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All tabs in File Explorer return to "Home" after sleep or hibernation: This started happening about two months ago. After waking up from sleep or hibernation sometimes even randomly during use, all the open tabs in File Explorer switched to the Home tab.I recently did a clean reset of my PC and it's still happening. Version: 10.0.22621 Build...
  8. All tabs in File Explorer return to "Home" after sleep or hibernation

All tabs in File Explorer return to "Home" after sleep or hibernation: This started happening about two months ago. After waking up from sleep or hibernation sometimes even randomly during use, all the open tabs in File Explorer switched to the Home tab.I recently did a clean reset of my PC and it's still happening. Version: 10.0.22621 Build...
  9. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when returning from sleep

Repeated ntoskrnl.exe INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when returning from sleep: The problem is happening with maddening frequency and I'd rather not reinstall my entire system. Essentially when I let my computer go to sleep there's a 60/30 chance it will error out and cause me to have to reboot the entire machine. sometimes the entire computer will be...
  10. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when returning from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated ntoskrnl.exe INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when returning from sleep: The problem is happening with maddening frequency and I'd rather not reinstall my entire system. Essentially when I let my computer go to sleep there's a 60/30 chance it will error out and cause me to have to reboot the entire machine. sometimes the entire computer will be...