Windows 10: Returning from sleep

Discus and support Returning from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by no1yak, Jan 15, 2018.

1. no1yak Win User

Returning from sleep

I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no difference, also tried earlier bios - no change. Can't seem to figure out what's going on.

Any help would be most welcome.- Have also tried a clean install of Windows, current version is 16299.192

:)

no1yak, Jan 15, 2018

2. Powercfg /sleepstudy report shows "Unknown [NONE]" appid which consumes more power

hi SundarPR

I see Unknown appid exactly when my laptop automatically return from sleep(sometimes is connected to charger and sometimes isn't ). every time laptop return auto from sleep , I see this Unknown appid in sleep study but if I manual return laptop
    from sleep , sleep study didn't show me Unknown appid .

my laptop is asus ux501vw

thanks

Mohsen20247, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Return from sleep crashes

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you
      might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 15, 2018
  4. Win10Pro Win User

Returning from sleep

1. Could it be a faulty mouse or a keyboard?

2. Does the same thing happen when you run the OS in Safe Mode? What happens when you click on the program's icon while holding the Ctrl + Shift keys?

3. English is not my native language so forgive me my question: does "taskbar won't open" mean that it doesn't appear at all on the screen?

Win10Pro, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

Returning from sleep

1. Returning from sleep - Similar Threads - Returning sleep

2. New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows update closes programs upon returning from sleep mode: Yet another problem with the new Windows update (1903). Often, when it returns from sleep mode, it closes several of my programs or apps. Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't....
  3. Windows Returns to Log-In Screen When Attempting to Shut Down or Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Returns to Log-In Screen When Attempting to Shut Down or Sleep: What it says on the box... And yes, I've UNCHECKED 'Turn on fast startup' in Control Panel. I've checked other similar issues that I could find, but none had a viable solution....
  4. Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 application audio silenced on return from sleep: I have established that Windows 10 (Home 1809) suppresses application audio on return from sleep until the screen is unlocked. This is reproduced as follows: Start music playing on your favourite media player - Sound comes out of speakers Press the sleep key or do Right...
  5. UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep"

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK keyboard input keeps coming back after returning from "sleep": I keep having English UK keyboard added: [ATTACH] when I seek to remove it, it doesn't exist at first: [ATTACH] for some reason I do have the UK option under the languages drop down: [ATTACH] after toggling there I can go back to english US and then remove the...
  6. Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot: That's what happens to me sometimes (like once in a week or two) in my machine (Lenovo Yoga 510 notebook with Windows 10). I close the lid, and when I reopen it, no wireless networks are available, despite several networks being in range (my phone stays connected the whole...
  7. Fingerprint reader doesn't work on return from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Fingerprint reader doesn't work on return from sleep: Is I close the lid on my HP Pavilion DV7 laptop and let it sleep, when I wake it up, the fingerprint reader doesn't work. I have to select Login options and use a Password or PIN to sign in. I suspect this may have something to do with sleep mode turning off power to the...
  8. BSOD & crashes overnight when returning from sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD & crashes overnight when returning from sleep?: HI This is my first post so apologies if I do something wrong or unhelpful! Every night I put my Toshiba laptop to sleep and in the morning when I tried to wake it up it was giving a BSOD. During the day with short sleep times it behaved as expected. In the day it is on...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Windows Hello (fingerprint) disables itself after returning from Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello (fingerprint) disables itself after returning from Sleep: Hello. In my Toshiba Satellite I've recently noticed that my Windows Hello fingerprint authentication is disabled each time my laptop returns from sleep (it works fine during reboots or shutdowns and power on). If I want to use fingerprint authentication again, I've to...