Windows 10: Returning from standby problem

Discus and support Returning from standby problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Other than M/S updates I have made no changes to my Desktop W10 PC - software or hardware. For approx 1 week, I have had the problem that if left for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skofab, May 29, 2019.

1. Skofab Win User

Returning from standby problem

Other than M/S updates I have made no changes to my Desktop W10 PC - software or hardware.
    For approx 1 week, I have had the problem that if left for say an hour - the machine stays in standby. Previously a wiggle of the mouse or a dab on the spacebar brought it back to life. I did try alternative mice to no avail.
    In the power options, it has been set not to hibernate or go to sleep. Connected (?) I have started receiving error 41 entries in the events log.
    Your help would be appreciated - thanks in advance.
    C

:)

Skofab, May 29, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 29, 2019
  3. monkey Win User
    Please detect return from standby (WM_POWERBROADCAST)

It'd be great if ATITool could reload the last active profile on a return from standby.

I underclock my card (X1800XT) during standard running (saves 20W of heat and noise) and overclock for 3D games.

Currently, the card resets to the BIOS defaults when coming out of standby. If ATITool could detect the Windows message WM_POWERBROADCAST and reload the last profile, I think it'd be excellent.

Kudos on all your work.

monkey, May 29, 2019
  4. sreved Win User

frequently Bluescreen when returning from Standby [WIN10]

Hello,

my notebook sometimes going to bluescreen when returning from standby. I analyzed the memory dump with windbg and get an error message:

What are the next steps?

How can I find the component? (Arg1: 0000000000000004, Client ID of the hung component.)

sreved, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Returning from standby problem - Similar Threads - Returning standby problem

2. Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem: Hello all,I have an issue with Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC-enabled devices. My Intel NUC 11 PC supports sending HDMI-CEC commands to power on/off devices connected to the PC I have an AV receiver and OLED TV when it goes to sleep or wakes up. This is configurable in BIOS....
  3. Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem: Hello all,I have an issue with Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC-enabled devices. My Intel NUC 11 PC supports sending a CEC command to power on/off devices connected to the HDMI I have an AV receiver and OLED TV when the PC goes to sleep or wakes up. This is configurable in BIOS....
  4. Standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby: So I left my laptop on standby for a couple of hours while charging, came back and the screen was black, keyboard still lit up, pressed a key and it was unresponsive, pressed the power button and also did nothing. What do I do?...
  5. modern standby problems entering to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  6. Slow recovery from Standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow recovery from Standby: I have a reasonable spec PC i5-9600K, 8GB, SSD boot drive It takes as long to boot from standby mode as it does from cold if not longer. It is not noticeably slower once it has completed boot Fastboot is off but that should only affect cold starts...
  7. frequently Bluescreen when returning from Standby [WIN10]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequently Bluescreen when returning from Standby [WIN10]: Hello, my notebook sometimes going to bluescreen when returning from standby. I analyzed the memory dump with windbg and get an error message: PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (14f) A system component failed to respond within the allocated time period, preventing the system from...
  8. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  9. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems: I have two monitors attached to my desktop, for some reason Windows 10 has stopped automatically switching on my second monitor when windows loads. I therefore have to manually switch it on. Once switched on everything works ok! Has anybody got any idea's why this should...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...