Windows 10: returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it?

Discus and support returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am returning my laptop so I need to clear my personal info...I've deleted my photos & music & emails...I think I just need to clear my log-in photo &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Safe & Well, Apr 21, 2020.

1. returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it?

I am returning my laptop so I need to clear my personal info...I've deleted my photos & music & emails...I think I just need to clear my log-in photo & password ?

:)

Safe & Well, Apr 21, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 21, 2020
  3. theonedub Win User
    GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Apr 21, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it?

n-ster, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it?

1. returning laptop need to clear personal info.....how to do it? - Similar Threads - returning laptop need

2. Scammer return requested info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammer return requested info.: Scammers return info:Subject: Notice: Award lotto Funds Release Notification. MICROSOFT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Scammer return requested info.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scammer return requested info.: Scammers return info:Subject: Notice: Award lotto Funds Release Notification. MICROSOFT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Need to return Windows 11 laptop

Need to return Windows 11 laptop: I need to return a Windows 11 laptop that I recently purchased. How do I remove all of my personal data from the laptop but retain all data that was initially loaded pre-purchase? I also need to permanently disconnect it from my Microsoft account and OneDrive. I've tried...
  5. How to clean computer of any personal info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean computer of any personal info.: My 9 year old Win 10 desktop does not support Win 11. Only use for e-mail and web browsing.. Is there a simple and easy way for this Senior to get rid of any personal info floating around beforerecycling.? May treat my self to new Win 11 computer as a Xmas gift. Many thanks....
  6. How to clean computer of any personal info.

How to clean computer of any personal info.: My 9 year old Win 10 desktop does not support Win 11. Only use for e-mail and web browsing.. Is there a simple and easy way for this Senior to get rid of any personal info floating around beforerecycling.? May treat my self to new Win 11 computer as a Xmas gift. Many thanks....
  7. how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store: i am returning a new laptop to the store and need to remove all my personal info admin account, files, apps, etc. i have looked at 'old' info, and it does not seem to be applicable any more. if i go to 'reset' and choose to uninstall all my personal files, it then asks how i...
  8. Child's personal info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's personal info: When I try to change my child's personal info, I press the button and it takes me onto a page with 2 links. I try both but it doesn't show me how to do it. What do I do? P.S: My category is different because I don't have 'Microsoft Family' on it. Sorry about that. It is...
  9. How to remove personal info

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove personal info: I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I started setting up before I realized it was the wrong computer. How do I delete my personal info. so I can return it?...
  10. How do I change the date of birth in account personal info?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the date of birth in account personal info?: During set up the date of birth was entered incorrectly and I cannot find an edit option which allows me to correct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-date-of-birth-in-account/7d390afc-3020-454d-aa60-3bc2de58a2ba