Windows 10: Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio

Discus and support Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please tell me how to return my picture ratios to the default setting. Somehow all my photos are noticeably stretched up and downwards. Also, My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by charliebrooking, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio

Please tell me how to return my picture ratios to the default setting. Somehow all my photos are noticeably stretched up and downwards.

Also, My Windows 10 is ridiculously slow. Can anyone recommend a better Windows to use that is free to download please?

:)

charliebrooking, Aug 7, 2020

2. Windows Photos app default aspect ratio when cropping

I want to crop some iPad photos to widescreen (for showing on my TV) within the Windows Photos app. It's a rather tedious process: Edit; Crop; Aspect ratio; Widescreen; Drag the two corners to the edge of the photo; select the area of the photo I wish
    to save; Apply; Save; right arrow key; repeat for the next photo. Eliminating even one of these steps would be a help, so... Is it possible to set the Photos app default aspect ratio to Widescreen (the default is currently Custom)?

jrichardrv, Aug 7, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 7, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio

Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

Photoscape is an app that is functioning normally.
    I want to make it my Default Photo Viewer.
    When I go to Settings/Default Apps it is not on the list
    On one attempt to set, it stated that Photoscape was "unavailable" (not sure where that occurred)
    I have tried a number of paths for default apps in Tutorial section without success
    Suggestions for how to get around this barrier?
    Thank You

NOPD, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio

1. Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio - Similar Threads - Returning photos pictures

2. default settings for photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    default settings for photos: I want to change the default settings for images to Photoscape NOT Photoscape X or Photos but I can't see Photoscape listed as an option. I've de-installed Photoscape X and am thinking about de-installing Photos as well/ Any way to includ Pehotoscape as an option and choose...
  3. Hidden picture are visible in default photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden picture are visible in default photos app: when I tried making some photos hidden using the " attrib +s +h 'path' ", they're still visible in the photos app. I don't understand why it is happening but this makes no sense of making the files hidden or making them invisible. e.g. Trying to hide the directory...
  4. settings return to default with reboot/startup

settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  5. cursor returns to default

cursor returns to default: hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-returns-to-default/151e0e64-169a-407e-aa83-a686b5ab53c1
  6. Set 'Photos' default opening.

Set 'Photos' default opening.: My 'Pictures' always open in 'View.... Large Icons'. How do I get all images/folders to open the same from a CD/DVD or USB connection.....currently they open in 'View....List' Thank You....
  7. default settings for photos

default settings for photos: I had Windows 10 installed on my computer and now it's the default setting for all of my photos. I have Photoshop CS5 and have always had it for my default for loading and opening my photos. How do I get it back. I have to open each one individually to get them into...
  8. Default Settings - Photos

Default Settings - Photos: I have installed a favorite alternate photo viewing and editing program on my laptop, and can not see it or access it when trying to set - change default photo program for photos. It seems I fight Windows 10 more than other times when I have successfully accomplished...
  9. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...
  10. A Picture "Aspect Ratio" Application

A Picture "Aspect Ratio" Application: Hi, I'm looking for a Picture Aspect Ratio application that can give me a summary of all the Aspect Ratios of images in a folder. (Small Education Course: • High definition computer monitors have an Aspect Ratio of 16:9 • HDTVs usually have an Aspect Ratio of 16:10 •...