Windows 10: Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

Discus and support Returning Purchased Laptop to Store in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to return a Dell 15 3000 SSD to the store where I recently purchased it. It is running Windows 10 Home. I have personal data on the system and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by appollonius, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

I need to return a Dell 15 3000 SSD to the store where I recently purchased it. It is running Windows 10 Home. I have personal data on the system and have used the laptop for work and related activities that need to remain secure. If I go to settings and reset the PC using the method that erases all files and settings, is that good enough? Could technicians in the store still recover any of my information if they were motivated to do so? What else could I do to feel more certain about secure deletion?

I ask because two days ago I did a reset with file and settings deletion, but when I reestablished my Microsoft account onto the laptop again, some of the app icons reappeared on the screen. When I double clicked the icons I received the message that the files associated with the shortcut no longer existed. But still, this indicates to me that the Windows reset with file and settings deletion is somehow still vulnerable.

:)

appollonius, Jan 12, 2020

2. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I have made my decision and I am returning the Dell. After my money is refunded, I will have to do research and will have a choice on what to find that fits into my budget but better than the Dell. I hate returning things like this. It is so frustrating. I know a lot of you have recommended brands, models, and told me where to purchase a computer from, but if some of you could re-list some suggestions that would be very much appreciated. I need all of the help I can get with this.

Jesse Williams, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Return purchase of Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to return the purchase of Windows 10. I’ll certainly help you with the process. We would like to know if the purchase was made through Microsoft Store.

If you have purchased Windows 10 through Microsoft Store, you can easily request for a return by signing in to the

Order history
    page and then select
    Request a return
    for the order. For more information, I would suggest you to refer the instructions in the article on

Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund

You can also track the refund request online. Refer the article on
    Get the status of your return and refund from Microsoft Store

If you face any issues, you can get in touch with the
    Microsoft Store support
    team and they will help you in returning the purchase.

However, if you have not purchased Windows 10 from Microsoft Store, then in that case, I would suggest you to get in touch with the respective seller and request for a refund.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

Purchased laptop less than 2 months ago, how can I return?

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

To return the laptop or any hardware related issues, I suggest you to get in touch with the Manufacturer.

Laptops General - Read Only - Dell Community

Please answer the questions below to assist you better.

- Did you make changes prior to this issue?

- Are you able the see light when you turn on the laptop?

I suggest you to do a power drain by following the steps below.

• Remove the battery.

• Long press the power button for 15-20 seconds.

• Start the computer by connecting the power source (battery should not be connected).

• Check if the problem still persists while shutting down the computer.

• If not, then connect the battery and can use the computer.

Hope this information helps. Get back to us with more information to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

1. Returning Purchased Laptop to Store - Similar Threads - Returning Purchased Laptop

2. Store purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store purchase: How can I install an app i but in my wife’s computer to install in my PC which has a different account in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-purchase/8fc8cbd5-a8a9-4cb9-8552-24eefed33f74
  3. Store purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store purchase: How can I install an app i but in my wife’s computer to install in my PC which has a different account in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-purchase/8fc8cbd5-a8a9-4cb9-8552-24eefed33f74
  4. Is it possible to return purchased windows 10 software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to return purchased windows 10 software: I have bought two windows 10 software by mistake is there a possibility of returning it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-return-purchased-windows-10/98294e42-23d9-40f9-ae91-2fd80dd0cf85
  5. RETURN HP laptop back to store help

in Windows 10 Support
    RETURN HP laptop back to store help: I am going to return a laptop back to the store that was given to me days ago. When i first turned it on, i set it up with log in PIN & my Microsoft account because it didn't let me by pass this process.... I'd like to remove my PIN and Microsoft account before I return it....
  6. Return a game purchased accidentally

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return a game purchased accidentally: How do I return a game I accidentally bought? ***Modified title from: Return*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-a-game-purchased-accidentally/8475b070-ad91-4c0d-aed7-4bea24e38872
  7. Return purchase of Windows 10

Return purchase of Windows 10: Is there anyway to get my download fee refunded? I was unaware that i could not use windows 10 on a chromebook. ***Modified title from: Download refund***...
  8. Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro

Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro: Greg, I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store because there was no sound from my laptop using the Home version and thought that the Pro version might be able to solve the problem. Unfortunately there was no sound from my laptop using...
  9. returns diggital purchase windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    returns diggital purchase windows Pro: I would like to return the purchase of windows Pro it was a digital purchase, and get my refund I bought it and it is not what I wanted. I bought it on December 11, 2018....
  10. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

in Windows 10 Support
    Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell: I was not happy with the ASUS so I returned it and purchased myself a Dell. I am also saving money this way because I was paying monthly for the ASUS which would end up costing me $1,000 once its finally paid for. The ASUS wasn't even worth $1,000. I purchased the Dell out...