Windows 10: returning start menu to original format

Discus and support returning start menu to original format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; returning start menu to original format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 061546, Apr 21, 2020.

1. 061546 Win User

returning start menu to original format

:)

061546, Apr 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 21, 2020
  4. returning start menu to original format

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. returning start menu to original format - Similar Threads - returning start menu

2. Return to original colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return to original colors: Please return to original colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-colors/8531b8c8-a52e-429d-924e-719bd6dc5c15
  3. Return to original colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return to original colors: Please return to original colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-colors/8531b8c8-a52e-429d-924e-719bd6dc5c15
  4. return my screen back to original color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return my screen back to original color: i want my screen back to it's original colors..blues and white.. and my bank green. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-my-screen-back-to-original-color/0b21a528-8814-4c35-92ce-2b3a226e9b2e
  5. Start menu search not returning installed apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search not returning installed apps: Hello there, The start menu search won't return some applications when i search them, i'd like to have the same behavior like the previous windows version. I have checked that the application in background checkbox is checked in the privacy settings, but it doesn't help, any...
  6. return to original documents list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    return to original documents list: I cant access the original page for my documents folder... it keeps bringing up quick access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-documents-list/f263745f-6827-4e0c-a188-cc7d55968e9b"
  7. Get back the original windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get back the original windows 10 start menu: After the Anniversary update Windows 10 Start menu looks cluttered. I like things to the minimal. Is there a way to revert back to the previous windows 10 menu? 60549
  8. How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to return the 'All Apps' option to Start Menu?: Hello All, After the nightmare update we have all be enjoying, which has reset a lot of my customisation and fonts as well as killing one app, I have also got all my apps showing in my start menu instead of the convenient 'All Apps' button which made my start menu so neat...
  9. How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?: Photo files opens in old Photo Viewer. How to return OPEN the original application Photos ? I tried: to restore the default application and association file. No change, thank you. 71213
  10. Microsoft Brags About the Return of the Start Menu in...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Brags About the Return of the Start Menu in...: The Start menu has had quite an interesting evolution on the Windows desktop, and although nobody could have ever guessed that such a feature would become the foundation of what’s often called Microsoft’s second biggest operating system failure after Windows Vista, people are...