Windows 10: Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data

Discus and support Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am returning my Surface tablet for a warranty exchange. Are there any precautions I should take with my data on the PC (Windows 10 Pro)? . I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveMann, Aug 4, 2020.

1. SteveMann Win User

Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data

I am returning my Surface tablet for a warranty exchange. Are there any precautions I should take with my data on the PC (Windows 10 Pro)?
    I have already deactivated the Windows 10 license and copied my data, but is there any risk of my passwords (I am using Google Chrome) getting stolen? I thought of installing Linux then formatting the partitions. What would you do?

:)

SteveMann, Aug 4, 2020
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Aug 4, 2020
  3. vistatech Win User
    Clean install on Windows 10 Tablet - UEFI

I have a Slide i701 which came with Windows 8.1 and I used the Media Creation Tool ISO to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home Single Language x86. Yesterday, I downloaded the 1511 Build for the same. I'd like to clean install the build using the ISO and by clean install I mean, I will be cleaning the whole disk with clean all (diskpart) to start fresh. The tablet uses GPT, and I have a USB with the ISO booted with Rufus using the GPT scheme for UEFI.
    1. Can I directly clean install by booting the USB like on a PC and then clean the disk with clean all command or do I have to do some additional steps, for eg:- I read somewhere that I have to convert the disk to GPT after using clean all.
    2. How to activate after clean install.

Please leave your suggestions, esp. if you have done the same as above on a UEFI Tablet. Thanks

vistatech, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data

1. Returning tablet for warranty exchange- how to clean my data - Similar Threads - Returning tablet warranty

2. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  3. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  4. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Return MS Keyboard 4000 under warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return MS Keyboard 4000 under warranty: I have been on the website for 4 hours trying to figure out how to return a keyboard that is under warranty. Every link I click takes me back to where I started. When you call the number it says go to the website. when you go to the website there is nowhere to report it....
  6. In Warranty Exchange

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    In Warranty Exchange: I am getting an In warranty exchange for my surface pro 7 and it was already charged 0.00$. I have many questions they never answered and cannot find. 1.Who and where do I ship the faulty Surface pro to? 2.How long will it take for the replacement to arrive? 3.Will I...
  7. What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Data Exchange Host and why was it in my task manager?: I know other posts exist, but the explanations don't really answer my question. I was toying with trying to fix some desktop notification issues related to Discord, and I noticed this task running. I shut down and started my PC and it disappeared. Research tells me it's...
  8. Networked computers cannot exchange data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computers cannot exchange data: I have a desktop PC and a Surface Book 3 laptop both running Windows 10 Pro and both running on the same network. Explorer on both computers show the computers and the Media Devices. From both Computers I can click on the Media Devices and fully access and use my photos &...
  9. BSODs after mobo returns from warranty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs after mobo returns from warranty: Good evening, I have the following setup, which I had several BSODs in the start of the year. After some time, my RMA process got approved, I actually got an upgrade for the mobo (MAX version of MSI B450 TOMAHAWK). Still, after installing with same hardware (all new), BSODs...
  10. how to wipe my windows smarttab clean to return it to manufacturer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to wipe my windows smarttab clean to return it to manufacturer: i am returning my device how do i wipe it clean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wipe-my-windows-smarttab-clean-to-return-it/ac92de00-0328-419f-b51c-d7f8386f8c42"