Windows 10: returning to desktop

Discus and support returning to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JillDouglas, Jan 20, 2020.

1. returning to desktop

I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently, when working in Office or email, moving the mouse away from my keyboard will result in this return to desktop feature and requires moving the mouse around the screen to get back to the work area. I don't even know what to call this feature in order to find help. I would appreciate suggestions.

:)

JillDouglas, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. trying to profile my monitor with the idisplay pro is not working, returns Win10 opening desktop

I have been trying to profile my monitor with the idisplay pro I can go thru all the steps but when it actually starts profiling by showing the red full screen, the windows 10 screen returns and screws up the profile any suggestions on how to disable
    this startup? Thanks

OP - Win10 opening desktop returns

Tsuther102, Jan 20, 2020
  4. returning to desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

returning to desktop

1. returning to desktop - Similar Threads - returning desktop

2. I was away for 2 months--now on returning to my Dell desktop, my password is incorrect and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I was away for 2 months--now on returning to my Dell desktop, my password is incorrect and...: When I boot up the computer, it says my name username in a circle with the password box. I enter my password--it says "welcome" and swirls around for 20 sec or so, then says invalid-try again.That is all there is. If I cannot reset password, how can I get in?...
  3. I was away for 2 months--now on returning to my Dell desktop, my password is incorrect and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was away for 2 months--now on returning to my Dell desktop, my password is incorrect and...: When I boot up the computer, it says my name username in a circle with the password box. I enter my password--it says "welcome" and swirls around for 20 sec or so, then says invalid-try again.That is all there is. If I cannot reset password, how can I get in?...
  4. I was away for 2 months--now on returning to my Dell desktop, my password is incorrect and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All USB devices turn off and returns to desktop then locks up for a solid minute if plugged...

All USB devices turn off and returns to desktop then locks up for a solid minute if plugged...: I have no idea why this is happening. If I plug my laptop into a monitor while a video is playing, it locks up for like a solid minute and all USB devices turn off. Help please....
  6. All USB devices turn off and returns to desktop then locks up for a solid minute if plugged...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All USB devices turn off and returns to desktop then locks up for a solid minute if plugged...: I have no idea why this is happening. If I plug my laptop into a monitor while a video is playing, it locks up for like a solid minute and all USB devices turn off. Help please....
  7. All USB devices turn off and returns to desktop then locks up for a solid minute if plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...: i need to return a Windows 10 desktop where the computer apparently has memory issues and shuts down at random times. I have saved passwords in my browser, and have used my pin and email address for administrator account---all of which I want removed before I send it back.I...
  9. I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...: i need to return a Windows 10 desktop where the computer apparently has memory issues and shuts down at random times. I have saved passwords in my browser, and have used my pin and email address for administrator account---all of which I want removed before I send it back.I...
  10. I need to clean and return a reburbished desktop to the Amazon reseller, but the computer...