Windows 10: Returning to the desktop after April uprade

Discus and support Returning to the desktop after April uprade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I return to the Windows desktop post the April MS Windows 10 upgrade? By desktop I mean without any tiles being displayed. Prior to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MS Inquirer, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Returning to the desktop after April uprade

How do I return to the Windows desktop post the April MS Windows 10 upgrade? By desktop I mean without any tiles being displayed. Prior to the upgrade, I simply minimized all windows and the desktop was there. I noted that this question was asked in the February time frame; the response was to depress the Windows + D keys. I've attempted that and it does not work. The only thing that I believe has changed on my laptop is the upgrade that I installed about a month ago. Thanks for any help.

:)

MS Inquirer, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. trying to profile my monitor with the idisplay pro is not working, returns Win10 opening desktop

I have been trying to profile my monitor with the idisplay pro I can go thru all the steps but when it actually starts profiling by showing the red full screen, the windows 10 screen returns and screws up the profile any suggestions on how to disable
    this startup? Thanks

OP - Win10 opening desktop returns

Tsuther102, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Returning to the desktop after April uprade

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Returning to the desktop after April uprade

1. Returning to the desktop after April uprade - Similar Threads - Returning desktop April

2. Uprading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uprading to Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 from the Windows 10 DVD. Each time I try it gets to about 67% of the setup inspection procedure and then I get the message "Windows 10 installation has failed." There is no other error message or anything else....
  3. Uprading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uprading to Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 from the Windows 10 DVD. Each time I try it gets to about 67% of the setup inspection procedure and then I get the message "Windows 10 installation has failed." There is no other error message or anything else....
  4. Uprading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to uprade to windows 11

Unable to uprade to windows 11: Hello,Windows update is telling me that my PC is ready to upgrade to windows 11 and when I try to do so I get the following Stop code:ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READ ONLY MEMORY, I have searched online and tried a few things but I am currently unable to upgrade without the system...
  6. uprading my home to pro

uprading my home to pro: after upgrading home from the store the windows become pro enterprise version, how that happen? how can i go to home, the money was taken from my bank I dont want to pay another $99...
  7. update April 15 2022 destroyed tax return

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update April 15 2022 destroyed tax return: 1pm , April 15, 2022. Took a break while working on tax return. Micrsoft updated automaticly.Spreadsheet is gone. Tax file destroyed.Trying to do a system restore. There is a restore point. Been waiting two hours. it is at restoreSystem Registry. Taking a long time.Now I am...
  8. update April 15 2022 destroyed tax return

update April 15 2022 destroyed tax return: 1pm , April 15, 2022. Took a break while working on tax return. Micrsoft updated automaticly.Spreadsheet is gone. Tax file destroyed.Trying to do a system restore. There is a restore point. Been waiting two hours. it is at restoreSystem Registry. Taking a long time.Now I am...
  9. update April 15 2022 destroyed tax return

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. returning to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning to desktop: I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently, when working in...