Windows 10: Returning to win 10 after repair

Discus and support Returning to win 10 after repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have a 2 year old Dell XPS laptop that I sent in for repair. It needed a new screen and motherboard repair. The original machine had 8.1 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johnljones, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Returning to win 10 after repair

Have a 2 year old Dell XPS laptop that I sent in for repair. It needed a new screen and motherboard repair. The original machine had 8.1 and I immediately upgraded to win 10. Dell returned machine with 8.1 and to me to activate 10. That is not working so I started a download and updates are getting stuck at 46%. Any thoughts?

:)

Johnljones, Nov 30, 2018

2. Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor

Yesterday suddenly win 10 stop , then return blue screen with the message win need to repair and we will restarted for you , then win boot into black screen with blinking underscore .
    I try to boot win from usb to use repair but it's return cant repair your pc , then through cmd in troubleshooter from usb I use list disk and its return
    DISK 0 Invalid and its dynamic .
    What should I do I hope the hard disk is not dead yet any suggestions please ??

AbobakrOsman, Nov 30, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Returning to win 10 after repair

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Thanks Drone!

Now I'm running into another issue.

I cloned the HDD to Sony Evo 850 SSD using EaseUs todo (the program it came with- Sony Magician didn't work) with success but when I install the new drive it says it's not bootable.

I've searched for this issue on other forums, but many answers pertain to Windows7, or have solutions involving DVD's (I have no blank ones, plenty of USBs however.) I'm hoping I can boot from USB, from what I've read it seems like I can get the proper drivers so it will know how to start up with the new SSD. If anyone knows how to do this, I would need step by step instructions.

As a newbie to DIY computer repairs, I am feeling stumped at this point! I feel so close yet so far..

Specs for my ultrabook: Acer m5 581t
    New SSD: 250gb sony evo 850

Any hints or suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Loveisallyouneed, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Returning to win 10 after repair

1. Returning to win 10 after repair - Similar Threads - Returning repair

2. Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them: I have attached the logs in this google drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-an-sfc-scan-and-it-returned-that-i-had/47d6c3be-ef34-4987-9e89-e41eaa1e840c
  3. Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them: I have attached the logs in this google drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-an-sfc-scan-and-it-returned-that-i-had/47d6c3be-ef34-4987-9e89-e41eaa1e840c
  4. Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  6. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  7. Follow-Up on LSA Bug Resolved by In-Place Repair - Bug Returning on Boot-up after System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Follow-Up on LSA Bug Resolved by In-Place Repair - Bug Returning on Boot-up after System...: This question is to follow-up my previous question about an LSA bug that I asked for help on previously. The bug is an alert to turn on my LSA protection and then restart my system, but Windows Security apparently does not register when I perform a system restart, so the LSA...
  8. Follow-Up on LSA Bug Resolved by In-Place Repair - Bug Returning on Boot-up after System...

Follow-Up on LSA Bug Resolved by In-Place Repair - Bug Returning on Boot-up after System...: This question is to follow-up my previous question about an LSA bug that I asked for help on previously. The bug is an alert to turn on my LSA protection and then restart my system, but Windows Security apparently does not register when I perform a system restart, so the LSA...
  9. Any way to return to installer after going to Repair mode in Windows 10 ISO ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to return to installer after going to Repair mode in Windows 10 ISO ?: Hello there ! I'm on VirtualBox, trying to accomplish something but I don't know if it would be possible. Last week, my brother came with a new laptop, a laptop with one SSD and one HDD. When I installed Windows, The backup partition went on the HDD and the rest on the SSD...
  10. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro after Square Trade repair returned it with Home version...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro after Square Trade repair returned it with Home version...: I purchased a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 Pro and a Square Trade repair warranty. It needed repair, and Square Trade returned it with Windows 10 Home. I entered the Pro activation number using the same sticker attached to the machine as when I bought it, but...