Windows 10: Returning to Windows 10 free upgrade after letting someone reprogram my laptop and changed...

Discus and support Returning to Windows 10 free upgrade after letting someone reprogram my laptop and changed... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop wont charge and it says "plugged in, not charging" so I had to find someone who can fix that he said he had to reprogram it. I just realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eric JohnGelbolingo, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Returning to Windows 10 free upgrade after letting someone reprogram my laptop and changed...

My laptop wont charge and it says "plugged in, not charging" so I had to find someone who can fix that he said he had to reprogram it. I just realize that I've been using a pirated windows but it still says that windows is activated. I tried changing product license key but I only have digital license.

:)

Eric JohnGelbolingo, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Returning to Windows 10 free upgrade after letting someone reprogram my laptop and changed...

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Returning to Windows 10 free upgrade after letting someone reprogram my laptop and changed...

1. Returning to Windows 10 free upgrade after letting someone reprogram my laptop and changed... - Similar Threads - Returning free upgrade

2. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  3. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  4. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade): Hello, Just today, I've upgraded my hardware, changed my motherboard, CPU and GPU. It was all fine until I got the "Activate Windows" on the side, I've tried all the troubleshooting I could find: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/windows-10-activate...
  6. Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.

Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.: Hello all. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803 that i upgraded to, for free, from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Now my hardware is a bit long in the tooth, main board approaching ten years old, so i would like to upgrade it along with memory and possibly CPU, and a...
  7. Upgraded for free from 8.1 to 10. Reactivation after hardware change

Upgraded for free from 8.1 to 10. Reactivation after hardware change: I had a Windows 8.1 license, which I upgraded into Windows 10 when Microsoft was providing the possibility. However, I'd like to do a hardware update soon (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM. SSD drives will remain the same). Will I be able to re-activate my Windows 10 license? 83877
  8. Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?

Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?: So, I am planning on buying a new hard drive for my computer, and since Windows 10's activation is based on hardware, will I still have the free upgrade? 48242
  9. Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade: I downloaded the Windows 10 Free Upgrade on July 29th and read somewhere that I should change product key for Build 10240. Now it will not activate. Did I make a mistake with the product key and is that causing my activation failure? If so, how do I get my Windows 10...
  10. How to start the free windows 10 upgrade on my laptop

How to start the free windows 10 upgrade on my laptop: Hello everyone. HP laptop running windows 7 home premium. I click on the little windows 10 icon and I recieve a message reading "Thanks for reserving your copy". I started this a couple of weeks ago. How to I "force" the upgrade to occur ? Or isn't that possible ?...