Windows 10: Returning to Windows 10 from Ubuntu

Discus and support Returning to Windows 10 from Ubuntu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've decided to return to Windows 10 after almost a month on Ubuntu. The Windows 10 disk I have was one I bought from the same shop I bought my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brad 63, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Brad 63 Win User

Returning to Windows 10 from Ubuntu

I've decided to return to Windows 10 after almost a month on Ubuntu.

The Windows 10 disk I have was one I bought from the same shop I bought my computer components from when I assembled the machine and it does not have a product activation key.

This didn't cause a problem when I installed it waaaaay back in 2016 but I'm wondering if there will be problems this time especially as I'm thinking of installing Windows Pro rather than Windows Home.

I would like Pro version because, apparently, you can disable forced updates.

:)

Brad 63, Mar 25, 2020
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Gymbos Win User
    Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Returning to Windows 10 from Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Returning Ubuntu

2. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  3. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  4. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

"Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  5. Return to Windows 10 after Ubuntu was installed over it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return to Windows 10 after Ubuntu was installed over it.: I installed Ubuntu over windows by accident. I do not care about my files I just want windows back. What is the quickest solution? I'm trying to mount the windows iso and it seems to get stuck at 37%...
  6. Return to Windows 10 after Ubuntu was installed over it.

Return to Windows 10 after Ubuntu was installed over it.: I installed Ubuntu over windows by accident. I do not care about my files I just want windows back. What is the quickest solution? I'm trying to mount the windows iso and it seems to get stuck at 37%...
  7. Return to Windows 10 after Ubuntu was installed over it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Returning to Windows 10 from Ubuntu

Returning to Windows 10 from Ubuntu: I've decided to return to Windows 10 after almost a month on Ubuntu. The Windows 10 disk I have was one I bought from the same shop I bought my computer components from when I assembled the machine and it does not have a product activation key. This didn't cause a problem...
  9. I deleted windows 10 and I installed ubuntu 18.04. How can i return it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted windows 10 and I installed ubuntu 18.04. How can i return it back?: I am using Ubuntu 18.04 now. I tried to install windows 10 again but my computer couldn't recognize my hard disk on BIOS screen. I came Win10 installation screen. But windows says you have no hard disk. How can i install windows 10 this computer again ? I don't want dual...
  10. Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL - Always get "/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 sroy' returned error code 10....

Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL - Always get "/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 sroy' returned error code 10....: Hi, I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux on a laptop running with the following OS. [ATTACH] Right after I installed Ubuntu 18.04 from Microsoft Store, it asked to set up a user, unfortunately, I does not work. So I continue with "apt update" and "apt upgrade" and then...