Windows 10: Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern

Discus and support Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I need to be able to create and distribute secure Windows 10 VMWare virtual machines. I will be encrypting and restricting the VM's using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seandp, Oct 21, 2015.

1. seandp Win User

Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern

Hi,

I need to be able to create and distribute secure Windows 10 VMWare virtual machines. I will be encrypting and restricting the VM's using Workstation Pro.

I will be providing them to contractors at my company and once they complete their work I need to be able to re-use the activation key and trash the VM they were using.

I am concerned that once the contractor finishes their work, I won't be able to remotely access their VM and manually uninstall the activation key.

Will I be able to simply re-use the key by doing online/phone activation or does anyone have another solution that could work for my scenario?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

:)

seandp, Oct 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 stays valid after upgrading virtual machine version?

I'm in the process of doing the free upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 in a VMware virtual machine which is at virtual machine version 8. When Windows 10 finishes installing I'll have to upgrade the virtual machine to virtual machine version 11. Will
    the Windows 10 license stay valid/activated after upgrading to virtual machine version 11?

twashington, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern

1. Reusable Win10 VMWare virtual machines. Activation concern - Similar Threads - Reusable Win10 VMWare

2. KB5014738 causing issues to VMware virtual machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5014738 causing issues to VMware virtual machines: Hello Folks,We faced an issue after installing patch KB5014738 on windows 2012 R2 servers. These are VMs on vmware vsphere. After installing the patch the remote services of machine went down and we could not RDP into the machine or access any share. The only fix was to login...
  3. KB5014738 causing issues to VMware virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5014738 causing issues to VMware virtual machines: Hello Folks,We faced an issue after installing patch KB5014738 on windows 2012 R2 servers. These are VMs on vmware vsphere. After installing the patch the remote services of machine went down and we could not RDP into the machine or access any share. The only fix was to login...
  4. How to activate windows in vmware virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows in vmware virtual machine?: Because I don't have windows activation key of my main physical system as it is digitally licenced. I'm using windows 10 home and 21H1 version on my main pc. And i'm testing windows 11 developer preview version on vmware on same system. But windows 11 is not activating even...
  5. Installing Windows 10 as a Virtual Machine with VMware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 as a Virtual Machine with VMware: I have my registered copy of Windows 10. I want to install it as a virtual machine on VMware. Will my registration activate on the virtual machine if it is already activated on the host machine? If so, since it was tied to this machine at install, how do I register the...
  6. Win10 and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  7. VMWARE create EFI Virtual machine (solved)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE create EFI Virtual machine (solved): Hi guys if using VMWARE and you want to create a EFI VM just create the VM normally -- use "Other OS" and I will install the OS later. (This is if in the advanced features the UEFI option is greyed out --in VMWare Workststion. In player you'll have to add the line in any...
  8. Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine

Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine: I have used VMware in the past with limited success though I suspect the hardware limitations had something to do with it. The leaning curve was modest if not at times tedious to confusing at times and I am not particularly looking forward to that again. What can you all tell...
  9. Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.

Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.: I decided (more out of academic interest than need) that I would setup windows 10586 in a vm on VMWARE, and also Insider version. Problem was I could not find anyway of doing this. You could install first version, but how to install second version, as you automatically...
  10. Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine

Vmware Wont Open a Virtual machine: I have been trying to open a virtual machine but nothing happens. I did have Bitdefender installed but I've removed that (you can't add exclusions in the free version it seems), So I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. The only security I have running at the moment...