Windows 10: Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Discus and support Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GT63_19, Mar 15, 2020.

1. GT63_19 Win User

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?

:)

GT63_19, Mar 15, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 15, 2020
  3. How can I reuse a Hard Drive with Windows 10 Pro installed?

I currently disarmed my Old PC, to extract my 2 TB Hard Drive with Windows 10 Pro the problem is that I can't put it back in, since I already sold that one, I forgot what was my key, How can Install it back in a new PC correctly and with adequate advice?
    Since I still got documents and data inside it, so will it need formatting? Or can I just install and use it just by connecting it? Sadly all I care for is to get back that license. Or atleast a way I can reuse that Drive and install Windows by USB (creation
    media tool).

MauricioLopez Obregon, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

GOVINDKUMAR3, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

1. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive - Similar Threads - Reuse license Install

2. Reusing a Windows License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing a Windows License: If my PC suddenly stops working and won't boot and I've got no way to unlicense Windows on it, is there a way I can reuse that license key that I paid for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-a-windows-license/778e0bfc-12fa-4bc0-bcf3-7ae73d0bbd05
  3. Reusing a Windows License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reusing a Windows License: If my PC suddenly stops working and won't boot and I've got no way to unlicense Windows on it, is there a way I can reuse that license key that I paid for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-a-windows-license/778e0bfc-12fa-4bc0-bcf3-7ae73d0bbd05
  4. Windows 10 retail license reuse on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 retail license reuse on new hardware: Hi,I have a retail license at least the commandline tool says so for Windows 10 that was originally a Windows 7 license that benefitted from the free upgrade that was possible some time ago. I still have the sticker with Windows 7 product key. I don't currently see the old...
  5. Windows 10 retail license reuse on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 retail license reuse on new hardware: Hi,I have a retail license at least the commandline tool says so for Windows 10 that was originally a Windows 7 license that benefitted from the free upgrade that was possible some time ago. I still have the sticker with Windows 7 product key. I don't currently see the old...
  6. Windows 10 retail license reuse on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10: Hi, I have a hard disk with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use this hard disk again in my laptop. Do I need to format the C drive in this hard disk? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again? Thanks....
  8. Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10: Hi, I have a hard drive with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use my hard drive again in my laptop. Do I need to format my C drive in this hard drive? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  10. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...