Windows 10: Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

Discus and support Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a hard disk with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use this hard disk again in my laptop. Do I need to format... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NightPoet, Feb 10, 2020.

1. NightPoet Win User

Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

Hi,

I have a hard disk with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use this hard disk again in my laptop.

Do I need to format the C drive in this hard disk? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again?

Thanks.

:)

NightPoet, Feb 10, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

Install Windows 10 on new hard drive.

Hi Arzlo,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Please be informed that you cannot install the activated Windows 10 on to the new hard disk.

If you are replacing the hard disk then you may get Windows 10 activation errors.

If you are purchasing a new hard disk then, you may have to install genuine Windows 7 (SP1)/8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 to get Windows 10 activated.

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 Q&A.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ppud=4

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

1. Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reuse hard disk

2. reused replace disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reused replace disks: Hello --- I just replace my HHD to SSD on my laptop --- I got an enclosure for the HHD to reuse it as a usb drive, I then connected it to the computer, via usb -- I started "disk mgmt." but when I "right clicked" on some of the partitions, I did not get the regular content...
  3. reused replace disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reused replace disks: Hello --- I just replace my HHD to SSD on my laptop --- I got an enclosure for the HHD to reuse it as a usb drive, I then connected it to the computer, via usb -- I started "disk mgmt." but when I "right clicked" on some of the partitions, I did not get the regular content...
  4. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  5. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  6. Download windows 10 to my new hard drive and reuse my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download windows 10 to my new hard drive and reuse my product key: I have windows 10 Home and I need to replace my hard drive. I have tried making a recovery disc and it did not work. I get stuck on the 'please wait' screen and it never goes past that. I have tried to use startup repair and it has not worked. Can I download windows 10 from...
  7. Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation

Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation: Hello, My laptop with Windows 10 crashed because of bad disk and I had to reformat and install a new copy of Windows all over again, on the same machine after replacing the bad hard disk. The person installed a version of Windows 10 with a temporary product key that's...
  8. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?...
  9. Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10: Hi, I have a hard drive with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use my hard drive again in my laptop. Do I need to format my C drive in this hard drive? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again? Thanks....
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...