Windows 10: Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

Discus and support Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a hard disk with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use this hard disk again in my laptop. Do I need to format... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NightPoet, Feb 10, 2020.

1. NightPoet Win User

Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

Hi,

I have a hard disk with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use this hard disk again in my laptop.

Do I need to format the C drive in this hard disk? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again?

Thanks.

:)

NightPoet, Feb 10, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

Install Windows 10 on new hard drive.

Hi Arzlo,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Please be informed that you cannot install the activated Windows 10 on to the new hard disk.

If you are replacing the hard disk then you may get Windows 10 activation errors.

If you are purchasing a new hard disk then, you may have to install genuine Windows 7 (SP1)/8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 to get Windows 10 activated.

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 Q&A.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ppud=4

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

1. Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reuse hard disk

2. Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10: Hi, I have a hard drive with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use my hard drive again in my laptop. Do I need to format my C drive in this hard drive? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again? Thanks....
  3. New hard disk how do I install/transfer my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New hard disk how do I install/transfer my windows 10: I think my hard disk is going to go. How can I put my windows 10 on to a new hard disk. I only have details of my os license etc not a disk ?...
  4. Reuse my os on new laptop

Reuse my os on new laptop: Hi Team, I bought windows 8 pro for my old laptop On 2012 later it was upgraded to windows 10.currently my laptop is getting old and i am planning to buy a new one. Is it possible to use the product key used in my old laptop(once it is scrapped)in my new laptop. Thanks...
  5. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  6. New Hard drive-Install OS without disk

New Hard drive-Install OS without disk: My husband's laptop needed a new hard drive. We bought the laptop refurbished and it didn't come with the Windows 10 disks. We do not have a back up copy. What can I do to reinstall Windows 10? Thanks....
  7. How can I reuse a Hard Drive with Windows 10 Pro installed?

How can I reuse a Hard Drive with Windows 10 Pro installed?: I currently disarmed my Old PC, to extract my 2 TB Hard Drive with Windows 10 Pro the problem is that I can't put it back in, since I already sold that one, I forgot what was my key, How can Install it back in a new PC correctly and with adequate advice? Since I still got...
  8. Take care of my new hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Take care of my new hard disk: Hi Ten forums Team. Merry Christmast and Happy New year. Maybe you remember me. I send you a disk report and it aparently in perfect state i perform your test and the bios test. But that disk previously hits on the ground and that "health" was aparetnly now that disk have 4...
  9. Install Windows 8.1. on new hard disk before upgrading to Windows 10?

Install Windows 8.1. on new hard disk before upgrading to Windows 10?: I have a laptop that came with Windows 8.1. The hard drive failed and has been replaced with a new hard drive. If I want to install Windows 10 on this laptop, do I first need to install Windows 8.1. and then perform the upgrade to Windows 10, or can I just install Windows 10?...
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...