Windows 10: Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10

Discus and support Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a hard drive with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use my hard drive again in my laptop. Do I need to format... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NightPoet, Feb 10, 2020.

1. NightPoet Win User

Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10

Hi,

I have a hard drive with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use my hard drive again in my laptop.

Do I need to format my C drive in this hard drive? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again?

Thanks.

:)

NightPoet, Feb 10, 2020

2. Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 10, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

New hard drive instalation

Hi Eddyy,

For us to better isolate the issue with your hard disk drive, we would like to know the following.

• Can you provide us with screenshots for us to know what troubleshooting steps we need to do/give.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Windows build and version are you using? Type winver in the search box and press
      Enter.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10 - Similar Threads - Reuse hard drive

2. Can I reuse a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reuse a hard drive?: After 10+ years of use, my laptop is slowly on it's way out. The hard drives which are replacements of the originals are still functioning just fine. My question is this: Can I put the SSD with Windows 10 from my old laptop into a new desktop I'm building from new and reused...
  3. Can I reuse a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reuse a hard drive?: After 10+ years of use, my laptop is slowly on it's way out. The hard drives which are replacements of the originals are still functioning just fine. My question is this: Can I put the SSD with Windows 10 from my old laptop into a new desktop I'm building from new and reused...
  4. Can I reuse a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Installing new hard drive.

Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  6. Download windows 10 to my new hard drive and reuse my product key

Download windows 10 to my new hard drive and reuse my product key: I have windows 10 Home and I need to replace my hard drive. I have tried making a recovery disc and it did not work. I get stuck on the 'please wait' screen and it never goes past that. I have tried to use startup repair and it has not worked. Can I download windows 10 from...
  7. Windows10 Fails to Complete Install on New Hard Drive

Windows10 Fails to Complete Install on New Hard Drive: Recently the HD on my Lenovo Thinkcenter Edge 71/1578 desktop died. I bought a replacement new hard drive and, following the directions on the MS site, created a USB with an installation of Windows10 1909. The installation beings just fine; I select Windows10 pro [which...
  8. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?...
  9. Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reuse my hard disk again to install new windows 10: Hi, I have a hard disk with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use this hard disk again in my laptop. Do I need to format the C drive in this hard disk? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again? Thanks....
  10. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...