Windows 10: Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop

Discus and support Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day, I purchased a lenovo laptop some years back that come with Window 8 and I upgrade to Window 10 Home when free upgrade is available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Leaderfrontier, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop

Good day,

I purchased a lenovo laptop some years back that come with Window 8 and I upgrade to Window 10 Home when free upgrade is available.

However now that laptop had broken and I cannot start it up, I intend to buy a new laptop.

I am wondering can i reuse back my window license key i have the 20numbers digital license key with me now in this case?

I searched the forum and found this say yes

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...m-broken/2fc864db-a599-47ef-8e70-af1679a0f004

And this say No

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n/4991d382-8291-4098-a172-c23d8ed3aaec?auth=1

Thank you in advance.

:)

Leaderfrontier, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Va IM Win User

Reuse windows license key.

Hello Supporter,

My old laptop was broken, my Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office license installed there.

Is there anyways for me to reuse the licenses key?

My old laptop Latitude broken Motherboard, cannot repair. so I cannot uninstall the license key.

Thanks

Va IM, Apr 11, 2020
  3. reusing laptop's windows 10 license

i have an acer swift 3 laptop that comes with a pre installed windows 10 pro.
    i was trying to use the acer's recovery software to reset the laptop to it's factory settings but proved to be problematic. i was thinking of just reinstalling the OS through traditional method(bootable usb). i want to reuse the license that comes with the laptop. how do I do it? is there anyway to reuse the license key like just copying it from the laptop?

Christian Burgos, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop

windows 7 key reuse

I'm asking the second thing, if I can reuse my windows 7 key on another machine without any problems. (sorry, I see I forgot to mention it in the original post ^^)

CounterZeus, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop

1. Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop - Similar Threads - Reuse Window licenses

2. Windows 11 Pro license reuse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro license reuse?: I bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and installed it on a Surface Pro 8, which I've decided to return. If I understand the licensing agreement correctly, I can install Windows 11 Pro, using the same key, on another PC. I just can't run it on two PCs at the same time.Am I...
  3. Windows 11 Pro license reuse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro license reuse?: I bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and installed it on a Surface Pro 8, which I've decided to return. If I understand the licensing agreement correctly, I can install Windows 11 Pro, using the same key, on another PC. I just can't run it on two PCs at the same time.Am I...
  4. Reusing a Windows License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing a Windows License: If my PC suddenly stops working and won't boot and I've got no way to unlicense Windows on it, is there a way I can reuse that license key that I paid for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-a-windows-license/778e0bfc-12fa-4bc0-bcf3-7ae73d0bbd05
  5. Reusing a Windows License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reusing a Windows License: If my PC suddenly stops working and won't boot and I've got no way to unlicense Windows on it, is there a way I can reuse that license key that I paid for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-a-windows-license/778e0bfc-12fa-4bc0-bcf3-7ae73d0bbd05
  6. Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one: Hi,a couple of days ago I purchased a new laptop and a Win 10 license. I installed the Win 10 on this laptop,but it turned out that the laptop has HW related issues, so I returned it to the store, where I got back my money.So, I bought another laptop, and I would like to use...
  7. Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one: Hi,a couple of days ago I purchased a new laptop and a Win 10 license. I installed the Win 10 on this laptop,but it turned out that the laptop has HW related issues, so I returned it to the store, where I got back my money.So, I bought another laptop, and I would like to use...
  8. Windows 10 licensing 250 people and reusing licenses

Windows 10 licensing 250 people and reusing licenses: What is the best we to reuse Windows 10 licenses and manage the keys with 250 people? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-licensing-250-people-and-reusing/cf463356-03d2-4ac3-8ef5-bffc5b53fcc4"
  9. Reuse windows license key.

Reuse windows license key.: Hello Supporter, My old laptop was broken, my Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office license installed there. Is there anyways for me to reuse the licenses key? My old laptop Latitude broken Motherboard, cannot repair. so I cannot uninstall the license key. Thanks Va...
  10. Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?

Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?: I actually accidentally did some irreversible damage to my laptop, which is running on windows 10. Now I get a new one, but I would need to reuse the production key in order to have the new computer running on win10. As the old laptop is so broken that it won't boot, is there...