Windows 10: Reuse Windows product key on new installation

Discus and support Reuse Windows product key on new installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnandMP, Nov 23, 2021.

1. AnandMP Win User

Reuse Windows product key on new installation

I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did connect the old HDD to the new PC and was able to retrieve the product key using ShowKeyPlus the old HDD fails to boot so am not able to load the old Windows installation unfortunately. However, when I try to use this on the new installation, it gives me an error saying it is in use already.

:)

AnandMP, Nov 23, 2021

2. windows 7 key reuse

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 1 year old laptop (laptop 2 in sig), which came with Vista OEM.
    I installed windows 7 on it with a key from MSDN. My best friend(the buyer) will format the laptop before he gives it to his sister, so I wanted to know how I can reuse my key for a new pc in the future.

I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Will I have to call Microsoft or something?

kind regards,

CounterZeus, Nov 23, 2021
  3. reusing my product key

If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????

JamesMills3, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

Reuse Windows 10 product key on a new SSD

Hi, I have a HDD with windows 10 home installed on and I just got my new Samsung 960 PRO M.2 SSD. I want to use my new m.2 SSD as the bootable drive, but can I reuse the windows 10 product key on a new hard drive after already using it on another hard
    drive? Thank you for all your support!

Lars Nicklas, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Reuse Windows product key on new installation

1. Reuse Windows product key on new installation - Similar Threads - Reuse product key

2. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  3. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  4. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  6. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  7. Reusing a product key.

8. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  9. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  10. Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation

Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation: Hello, My laptop with Windows 10 crashed because of bad disk and I had to reformat and install a new copy of Windows all over again, on the same machine after replacing the bad hard disk. The person installed a version of Windows 10 with a temporary product key that's...