Windows 10: reusing a DVD

Discus and support reusing a DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do i erased a DVD so that i can reuses it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-a-dvd/932809b1-a1eb-4857-bdc0-c5f672f30cd4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yolandaschneider1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. reusing a DVD

How do i erased a DVD so that i can reuses
    it.​

:)

yolandaschneider1, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

3. HTC
    HTC Win User
    Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

4. reusing a DVD

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

reusing a DVD

1. reusing a DVD - Similar Threads - reusing DVD

2. Reuse Windows key on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse Windows key on new laptop: Hello,I got a new laptop and want to transfer my win 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new one. On my old laptop is says that I'm using a digital license key, which is linked to my MS account. I already tried to use the commands:slmgr /upkslmgr /cpkyThe first one just...
  3. Reuse Windows key on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reuse Windows key on new laptop: Hello,I got a new laptop and want to transfer my win 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new one. On my old laptop is says that I'm using a digital license key, which is linked to my MS account. I already tried to use the commands:slmgr /upkslmgr /cpkyThe first one just...
  4. I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...: There this laptop like from 2017 maybe I have sitting in my room and my sister needs to use a laptop so I plan on giving her it but problem is I don’t know the password to it and it dosnt have enough space to factory reset it what do I do?...
  5. I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...

I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...: There this laptop like from 2017 maybe I have sitting in my room and my sister needs to use a laptop so I plan on giving her it but problem is I don’t know the password to it and it dosnt have enough space to factory reset it what do I do?...
  6. I have this really old laptop I’m trying to reuse for my sister but I forgot the password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs: I've purchased 4 Win11Pro license keys with an intent to use them on my test VM set up. Now scrapped the VMs and would like to use the keys on other VMs. How can I do that? When I try to activate the new VM the key is not accepted.Thanks...
  8. Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs

Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs: I've purchased 4 Win11Pro license keys with an intent to use them on my test VM set up. Now scrapped the VMs and would like to use the keys on other VMs. How can I do that? When I try to activate the new VM the key is not accepted.Thanks...
  9. Windows key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key reuse: hello, I bought a laptop lenovo y530 with windows. and I plan to reinstall Windows through Microsoft, can I use the same key for activation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-reuse/75cc892c-42fe-4259-afb3-e241b460502d
  10. Can we reuse Windows installation DVD/USB media for installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can we reuse Windows installation DVD/USB media for installing Windows?: Can I use someone else's Windows CD/DVD to install Windows on my PC as long as I use my original product key? ***Moved from Microsoft Band 2/Watch mode***...