Windows 10: Reusing my license of win 10

Discus and support Reusing my license of win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a pc with a win 10 installed. It is a digital lisence, and an upgrade from win 8. My system disc crashed, and i need to reinstall win 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Simenm, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Simenm Win User

Reusing my license of win 10

Hi

I have a pc with a win 10 installed. It is a digital lisence, and an upgrade from win 8. My system disc crashed, and i need to reinstall win 10. I dont have the old win 8 copy anymore so i cant find the product key. I looked but cannot find the product key listed in my Microsoft account for that computer. How do i proceed?

Thank you.

Simen

:)

Simenm, Mar 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 licensing 250 people and reusing licenses

What is the best we to reuse Windows 10 licenses and manage the keys with 250 people?

Seth Phillips (sphillips), Mar 16, 2020
  3. GT63_19 Win User
    Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact
    Microsoft?

GT63_19, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Win 10 Best Min Specs?

I guess I shouldn't try updating my MSI U120 Netbook, currently running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit with these specs:

• Intel Atom CPU N270, 1.6 GHz
    • 1 GB memory
    • 64 GBs SSD drive
    • Mobile Intel 945 display adapter
    The CPU is probably not supported anyway...

I forgot about the Win 7 Pro license on the Netbook, time to get the license key and reuse it, thanks...

Cr00zng, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Reusing my license of win 10 - Similar Threads - Reusing license

2. Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs: I've purchased 4 Win11Pro license keys with an intent to use them on my test VM set up. Now scrapped the VMs and would like to use the keys on other VMs. How can I do that? When I try to activate the new VM the key is not accepted.Thanks...
  3. Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reusing Win11 license keys between test VMs: I've purchased 4 Win11Pro license keys with an intent to use them on my test VM set up. Now scrapped the VMs and would like to use the keys on other VMs. How can I do that? When I try to activate the new VM the key is not accepted.Thanks...
  4. Windows 11 Pro license reuse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro license reuse?: I bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and installed it on a Surface Pro 8, which I've decided to return. If I understand the licensing agreement correctly, I can install Windows 11 Pro, using the same key, on another PC. I just can't run it on two PCs at the same time.Am I...
  5. Windows 11 Pro license reuse?

Windows 11 Pro license reuse?: I bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and installed it on a Surface Pro 8, which I've decided to return. If I understand the licensing agreement correctly, I can install Windows 11 Pro, using the same key, on another PC. I just can't run it on two PCs at the same time.Am I...
  6. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?: I just upgraded from HDD to SSD and when I use my laptop it says windows is not activated, can i somehow use the windows key I had before the upgrade ?...
  7. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?: I just upgraded from HDD to SSD and when I use my laptop it says windows is not activated, can i somehow use the windows key I had before the upgrade ?...
  8. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build: I built a Windows 10 PC several years ago and purchased a retail license. Now that PC cannot be updated to Windows 11. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license and remove the retail license from this PC and install the OEM license without doing a complete reinstall? I would...
  10. Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build

Replacing Windows 10 retail license with OEM to reuse the retail license on new build: I built a Windows 10 PC several years ago and purchased a retail license. Now that PC cannot be updated to Windows 11. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license and remove the retail license from this PC and install the OEM license without doing a complete reinstall? I would...