Windows 10: Reusing Old Motherboard and CPU - Which windows should I install?

Discus and support Reusing Old Motherboard and CPU - Which windows should I install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A couple years ago I updated my PC. I saved the old motherboard, ram, and cpu. I hated seeing them just sitting there, so I put them in a case. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Sep 12, 2020.

1. SJMaye Win User

Reusing Old Motherboard and CPU - Which windows should I install?

A couple years ago I updated my PC. I saved the old motherboard, ram, and cpu. I hated seeing them just sitting there, so I put them in a case. I am about to install windows, but I cannot remember what which version (home, pro, etc) that I had. I think home. I am just not sure.

Which version should I install so it activates correctly?

:)

SJMaye, Sep 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Va IM Win User

Reuse windows license key.

Hello Supporter,

My old laptop was broken, my Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office license installed there.

Is there anyways for me to reuse the licenses key?

My old laptop Latitude broken Motherboard, cannot repair. so I cannot uninstall the license key.

Thanks

Va IM, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Reusing Old Motherboard and CPU - Which windows should I install? - Similar Threads - Reusing Old Motherboard

2. Which Graphics driver should I install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Graphics driver should I install?: I have a laptop from Dell and it has an Intel processor with integrated Intel graphics. I am confused to which driver should I install? I mean, on Intel's website the latest drivers were released recently, but on Dell's website, for specifically searching for my device, it...
  3. Which OS version should I install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS version should I install?: My dad asked me to help fix up his old laptop, a Thinkpad SL400. It has been upgraded to an SSD and 4GB of RAM. However, the cpu is still the same (core 2 duo). He will be using the laptop for browsing, office apps, and zoom calls. What edition of Windows 10 should I...
  4. How do I reuse an old password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reuse an old password?: So this morning when I turned on my computer, it forced me to go through a verification process that I tried to skip, and forced me to change my password without my consent. I had seen a forum post...
  5. Reusing Old Motherboard and CPU - Which windows should I install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reusing Old Motherboard and CPU - Which windows should I install?: A couple years ago I updated my PC. I saved the old motherboard, ram, and cpu. I hated seeing them just sitting there, so I put them in a case. I am about to install windows, but I cannot remember what which version (home, pro, etc) that I had. I think home. I am just not...
  6. On which partition should I install Windows 10?

On which partition should I install Windows 10?: I recently faced a serious booting issue. I was unable to reset or restore my PC since there were no restore points available. And I don't wanna lose my personal data. So I decided to custom install windows and then recover my files from Windows.old folder. I booted with...
  7. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  8. Reusing old HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reusing old HDD: I just got an ssd for my pc. I want to use it as my boot drive, and my old hard drive for storage. Do I need wipe the HDD, and if so, how do I do it? submitted by /u/TheThirdWheel13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erwehu/reusing_old_hdd/
  9. Which should I install first?

Which should I install first?: I just installed W10 and now confused which I installed first. Mother Board Driver or Video Card Driver? *Think*Think*Think 119868
  10. Meltdown, spectre and old motherboard and CPU.

Meltdown, spectre and old motherboard and CPU.: I am running FCU Win 10 Pro on a MSI P35 Neo F v1 motherboard with Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU. I have ran the MS controlsettings script which informs me I am protected from Spectre by Windows Update but not Meltdown without a BIOS/Microcode update. As this is a 2008 motherboard...