Windows 10: Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro

Discus and support Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A long time ago I upgraded a computer from W10 Home to W10 Pro. This was a custom build and both the original W10 Home activation and the new W10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trashbag, Sep 4, 2018.

1. trashbag Win User

Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro

A long time ago I upgraded a computer from W10 Home to W10 Pro. This was a custom build and both the original W10 Home activation and the new W10 Pro activation were done via product keys ordered from Amazon.

No Microsoft account has ever been involved with either key. Back in May of this year I completely reinstalled Windows but I don't really recall if I had to reactivate the license or not.

And now I'm wondering if I could reuse the original W10 Home product key on another computer, and if it would affect the current W10 Pro activation in any way. Would the original Home product key still be tied to my main computer's motherboard or did that history get wiped when I upgraded to Pro?

:)

trashbag, Sep 4, 2018
  2. _Luk_ Win User

upgrade to w10, manufacturer vs label product key

Hi, I have several Lenovo ThinkPad laptops and I was upgraded them to W10.

Updated laptops has same product key (lenovo manufacturers), finded by belarc advisor.

Each laptop has it's own different product key sticker

My question is,

When I will need to reinstal w10 in the future, can I use product key from this laptop's stickers?

thank you

Lukas

_Luk_, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Installing W10 Home on unactivated W10 Pro computer

I've been searching for a solution for a few days now, but can't solve my specific problem.

I am using a computer that previously had a non-genuine version of W7 on it. I purchased a physical CD and product key from Newegg for W10 Home. To speed things up, while the physical copy and key were in the mail, I upgraded to W10 via the internet and
    did a clean install.

When I tried to enter the activation key, it gave me an error because I was trying to enter a W10 Home key on a W10 Pro computer.

How do I go about downgrading from W10 Pro to W10 Home? When I try to install from the CD, it says there is not enough room.

buckeye_joe, Sep 4, 2018
  4. peterjax Win User

W8.1 pro upgrades to W10 Home

My laptop, running W8.1 pro was upgraded to W10, but the version is W10 Home. How can I revert back to W10 Pro? Why did it not upgrade to W10 Pro initially?

peterjax, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro - Similar Threads - Reusing W10 Home

2. W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi there,So I have this nice gaming PC and I'm planning to upgrade some of its hardware next month MoBo, CPU and SSD. I bought W10 from an online retailer back in 2016 and they shipped a small blue box with an activation key inside but I've moved twice to different apartments...
  3. W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi there,So I have this nice gaming PC and I'm planning to upgrade some of its hardware next month MoBo, CPU and SSD. I bought W10 from an online retailer back in 2016 and they shipped a small blue box with an activation key inside but I've moved twice to different apartments...
  4. W10 product key reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  6. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  7. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  8. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails: Hello Community. I have a new Dell XPS15 64bit with W10 Home. My old laptop has a goosed display and I have located from its hard drive the Key from my W10 Pro. But when I try to upgrade my Dell XPS15 using the Product key from my old laptop W10 Pro the process fails to...
  10. Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key: Hi all - I'm attempting to upgrade a Dell W10 Home, x64 Laptop to W10 Pro, x64. Using a couple of what I was told were legit keys, I receive this error after W10 accepts the key... [img] Activation software problem? Any help appreciated. Thanks, EN *Think 118849