Windows 10: reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store

Discus and support reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a Windows 10 Pro licence in March for my laptop Unfortunately I am unhappy with my current laptop performance and I am thinking about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MihaiChihaia, May 6, 2020.

1. reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store

Hello,

I bought a Windows 10 Pro licence in March for my laptop Unfortunately I am unhappy with my current laptop performance and I am thinking about switching to a MacBook Pro. I would like to use my current Windows licence to have Windows running next to Mac OS on the new MB Pro.

I tried searching for my licence on my PC, but cannot find it anywhere. I also looked in the order confirmation I got from Microsoft. Its not there either.

After looking deeper I saw I actually got a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account.

If I link my MB Pro to my Microsoft account will i be able to reuse the licence? Any idea on how I should proceed?

Thank you,

Mihai

:)

MihaiChihaia, May 6, 2020

2. bought windows 10 pro but retail downloaded

Hi haroldturcotte

Could you clarify what you mean by 'retail downloaded'?

If you bought Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store or other online merchants such as amazon.com, it is by definition a retail license like you would buy in a brick and mortar store.

Andre for Directly, May 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

I have a PC running with a full Windows 10 Pro retail licence. I need to replace this PC (it is failing) with a new build and I understand I can use the same licence on the new PC if I uninstall the licence from my current PC. It is on a USB with a product
    key.

I have two questions.

1. Can I use the MS Media Creation Tool 1909 to install Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and later enter my existing product key to activate Windows when I have fully loaded my programs onto my new PC or do I have to uninstall the licence key first.?
    2. If I uninstall the licence key first from my old PC will it still be useable for a few days/week until I have fully loaded my new PC?

JamesMartin_25, May 6, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version.

I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade licence currently linked to the dead laptop for the new laptop and how do I transfer the licence? I can’t remember the T&Cs of the Pro upgrade licence.

Steve C, May 6, 2020
Thema:

reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store

1. reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - reusing Pro Retail

2. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  3. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  4. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox

Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox: Hi,I bought a "Windows10/11" Licence via the Microsoft store. I think I upgraded it to pro later.I was running this licence on my PC without problems running Windows 11 Professional.Now I don't use Windows as my main OS anymore.I am running Windows 10 Pro with Virtualbox on...
  6. Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox: Hi,I bought a "Windows10/11" Licence via the Microsoft store. I think I upgraded it to pro later.I was running this licence on my PC without problems running Windows 11 Professional.Now I don't use Windows as my main OS anymore.I am running Windows 10 Pro with Virtualbox on...
  7. Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reuse Retail Windows Key

Reuse Retail Windows Key: Hi, I purchased a windows 10 key online back in 2018 because at that time I tried to install windows 10 for my MacBook, but I finally gave up and I deleted windows OS. However, recently I started building custom PC and I wonder if I can directly reuse that license key to...
  9. windows 10 Pro retail licence

windows 10 Pro retail licence: Hi, I wanted to use windows 10 Pro retail license for my business but one of the reseller told me that business can only use volume licensing and using a retail license will be a non compliance. i tried looking up couldn't find any information. can anyone please guide...
  10. Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

Windows 10 Pro full retail licence: I have a PC running with a full Windows 10 Pro retail licence. I need to replace this PC it is failing with a new build and I understand I can use the same licence on the new PC if I uninstall the licence from my current PC. It is on a USB with a product key. I have two...