Windows 10: Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation

Discus and support Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop with Windows 10 crashed because of bad disk and I had to reformat and install a new copy of Windows all over again, on the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by darth_hexidious, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation

Hello,

My laptop with Windows 10 crashed because of bad disk and I had to reformat and install a new copy of Windows all over again, on the same machine after replacing the bad hard disk.

The person installed a version of Windows 10 with a temporary product key that's going to expire in a week, as per the frantic error messages popping up every 10 minutes.

I have recovered the key of my original installation using the command prompt.

Can I use that product key in my new installation?

I am in the middle of the COVID lockdown and all shops are closed, and if something goes bad then I will be without a laptop.

:)

darth_hexidious, Apr 14, 2020

2. Reuse Windows 10 product key on a new SSD

Hi, I have a HDD with windows 10 home installed on and I just got my new Samsung 960 PRO M.2 SSD. I want to use my new m.2 SSD as the bootable drive, but can I reuse the windows 10 product key on a new hard drive after already using it on another hard
    drive? Thank you for all your support!

Lars Nicklas, Apr 14, 2020
  3. reusing my product key

If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????

JamesMills3, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation

1. Reusing Windows 10 product key on new installation - Similar Threads - Reusing product key

2. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  3. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  4. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  5. reusing windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reusing windows 10 product key: Hello, I had to changing out my motherboard and I would like to reinstall window with the same product key that was used. I do not have the computer doesn't work and is the reason for a new motherboard. How can I recover this windows 10 product key?...
  6. reusing windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reusing windows 10 product key: Hello, I had to changing out my motherboard and I would like to reinstall window with the same product key that was used. I do not have the computer doesn't work and is the reason for a new motherboard. How can I recover this windows 10 product key?...
  7. reusing windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  9. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse Windows product key on new installation: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and used it on my Dell PC. The hardware on this PC failed, and so am not able to deactivate the key. I purchased a new Dell PC and want to use the old key on the new machine. How do I use the key on the new machine? Note: I did...
  10. Reuse Windows product key on new installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps