Windows 10: Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing

Discus and support Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thanks guys, Not the reaction I was expecting for me once again revealing what an MS & Windows fan boy I am *Smile My Feelings exactly, on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 6, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing

My Feelings exactly, on how important you are to US!! You have been of great help to many, many members on here Sir!!! Nothing but respect for you and all your hard work!!! Keep up your excellent work Kari!!!!
    Mike....*Thumbs*Thumbs

OldMike65, Jan 12, 2016
  2. Winuser Win User

All your examples have one thing in common. We can choose to use these features or not. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not against MS collecting data. On my Insider install I use the default setting because I want to participate in helping MS improve Win 10. On my RTM install I would just like to have more control of what info they do collect.

Winuser, Jan 12, 2016
  3. groze Win User
    Why doesn't one of the zdnet or forbes or a trusted 3rd party like EFF or ACLU do a test with law enforcement to see if Microsoft could really identify the person using the key words when searching with cortana and also typing in a browser?

groze, Jan 12, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Because, it would get in the way of a good "story".

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Could be made into a good movie. *Smile

Winuser, Jan 12, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    A good fiction.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  7. SonicMojo Win User
    You do that. But until you can examine Windows 10 source code and can actually verify what you believe you are sending vs what Microsoft is really collecting - this entire issue remains a black hole.

Me - I believe MS is collecting a whole lotta stuff that they will never reveal to the public. Things that increase marketing. Things that tell them what you are downloading (or uploading). Or sharing. Or not sharing. Or where you are going on the net etc etc.

Bottom line - as a huge public entity - what exactly do you think Microsoft is going to say when pressed about what they are really doing here? Do you actually believe they will tell the public everything? Or will they stick out a press release full of app tracking stats and meaningless crap like that.

They can (and will) sugar coat this anyway they want - but there is almost a guarantee they will never reveal the full story about what's really being collected by Windows 10. (or what that data is really being used for).

So if you trust them - good on ya. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this issue.

Sonic.

SonicMojo, Jan 12, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

One of those conspiracy theory movies. *Smile

Winuser, Jan 12, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    I believe in the principle of the legal system in western world: Innocent until proven guilty. Posting as you did, I assume you have some proof that Windows privacy settings have messed up somebody's life?

10. Edwin New Member
    I'm quite certain that those who appear 'nervous' about this privacy issue, probably have something to hide or be ashamed of.
    I'm sure there are legitimate concerns, and perhaps legitimate incidents do take place from time to time, but not enough to rant on about it here.

With the exception of abstaining from conducting banking or government affairs online, I have no concerns.

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  11. SonicMojo Win User
    Do you have any proof that it hasn't?

Where do get any idea that if data collected by Windows 10 had messed up someone's life - anyone would somehow know about it?

Sonic.

SonicMojo, Jan 12, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Me Too!

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2016
  13. SonicMojo Win User

Well - I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. But I do take issue to seeing my data (in whatever form - minor or major) "harvested" without permission or at least without the option to say "no thanks - maybe some other day".

Ask me nice - and I might let you have exactly what you need. But get pushy - and so will I.

I have no interest in broadcasting anything to MS even the onus is on "helping" the OS.

If some Windows crap breaks here - I promise not to ask for help *Smile You do not need my data that badly.

Sonic.

SonicMojo, Jan 13, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    But we promise to destroy and important information after helping

BunnyJ, Jan 13, 2016
  15. SonicMojo Win User
    Ha! yeah right.

Sonic.

SonicMojo, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing - Similar Threads - Revealed Crucial detail

2. windows 11 privacy settings notification details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 privacy settings notification details: I see notifications saying my privacy settings have blocked access to an app trying to access the camera or microphone on occasion, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what app it is. I find nothing in Event Viewer, nothing in notification settings, nothing anywhere...
  3. windows 11 privacy settings notification details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 privacy settings notification details: I see notifications saying my privacy settings have blocked access to an app trying to access the camera or microphone on occasion, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what app it is. I find nothing in Event Viewer, nothing in notification settings, nothing anywhere...
  4. New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed

in Windows 10 News
    New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed: In January, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a Google Discover-like news and weather feed for Windows 10 taskbar. This feature is currently available to testers in the Insider program and it would be optional, which means you can always hide it on the taskbar....
  5. Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft: Windows 10X is rumoured to be a modular and multi-device operating system that will compete against the likes of ChromeOS in the education niche. Based on last year’s announcement, it looks like Windows 10X is going to be a ‘hybrid’ OS, which means the operating system will...
  6. Leak reveal details of Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 update

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveal details of Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 update: Windows 10 November 2019 Update codenamed ’19H2′ is not a big release and it comes with improvements only. The key highlights include a new search experience in File Explorer, performance improvements and longer battery life on some devices. Microsoft’s Spring 2019 Update...
  7. Leak reveal details of upcoming big Windows 10 feature updates

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveal details of upcoming big Windows 10 feature updates: The next two Windows 10 updates “19H2” and “20H1” are set to arrive in November and Spring 2019 respectively. While Windows 10 19H2 (November 2019 Update) is a small update, 20H1 is expected to be a full-fledged update with new features and major improvements. If the...
  8. More details on Windows 10 version 1909 release date revealed

in Windows 10 News
    More details on Windows 10 version 1909 release date revealed: Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) was expected to land on October 2 and October 8 but now it appears that the update will be finalized later this month. Windows 10 version 1909, which is a minor feature update for Windows 10, could be finalized by the end of next week...
  9. Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS: Microsoft's long rumored dual-screen Andromeda phone may never see the light of day, but the related "Windows Core OS" project or WCOS, is still underway, and according to a job vacancy posted on LinkedIn, it's all about Windows 10 devices and drivers. The vacancy for a...
  10. Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details: Even though Microsoft is already working on a second major Windows 8.1 Update, most eyes are on the next full version of Windows, possibly called Windows 9, which could debut as soon as spring 2015. While no confirmed details are available right now [img] , people familiar...