Windows 10: Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing

Discus and support Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Ha! yeah right. Sonic. So,, well.. have fun. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 6, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing

So,, well.. have fun.

BunnyJ, Jan 13, 2016
  2. dencal Win User

Rants like this are not helpful...you obviously haven't got a clue as to what is and what isn't.

Only INSIDERS have their data harvested...terms were laid out before being accepted by M$.

A snippet taken from Terms and Conditions....Privacy and Windows 10.

dencal, Jan 13, 2016
  3. groze Win User
    Here is how I see it.

What they are monitor are (In my Opinion and based on sites I have read)

Internet searches using bing doesn't mater on the browser.
    Email sent using outlook.com or outlook servers which has also been the case.
    What application you use & how many times you use it.
    Applications you install.

As for as personal information

Words or phrases type in the Search box only if cortana is enabled.
    What you uploaded or keep in One drive which has also been the case.
    Apps you purchase including free ones.
    Credit/debit card info only for apps that require purchases this is where your name comes in.
    Passwords related to Microsoft Account or saved using edge/internet explorer.
    Bookmarks you have installed using Edge or Internet Explorer.

Send data to law enforcement when required but meaning anything you use on the web, not what you use. Another words, what you are already public with.

Again this is my Opinion and based on sites I have read. I would be happy to use windows 10 daily but I don't use for the moment do to another reason. Microsoft did supposedly removed or modified the device ID number, so you can't be tracked that way.

groze, Jan 13, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

For those that wish to know what is being tracked and what can be turned off.
    In All Settings click on Privacy.....note for each item in the left hand column you can choose what you wish.

dencal, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Turn everything in all those categories off!

Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 13, 2016
  6. Victek Win User
    Here's an interesting article:

Windows 10 sends identifiable information to tech giant EVEN when told not to | Daily Mail Online

Note that it's dated August 2015 and things may have changed. Without more information, corroborated by third parties, I don't see that the discussion can be moved forward. Some folks are just happy to trust Microsoft but I don't see why. Even if it could be demonstrated that MS can be trusted to use personally identifiable information in ways that are benign there's no guarantee that they won't be hacked and the information stolen. This has already happened a number of times to major corporations so I don't see how it can be viewed as conspiracy fiction. As I said earlier I believe it's prudent, not paranoid, to look carefully at what is shared. It is a good idea to protect personal information when possible.

Victek, Jan 13, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    Fortunately I don't suffer the paranoia that seems to afflict so many others, I prefer to take advantage of the benefits obtained.

They all stay ON.

dencal, Jan 13, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Oh, for sure!
    I was just sayin..... *Smile

Edwin, Jan 13, 2016
  9. I just reshaped my thin foil hat because it must not be working properly.

I'm pondering why people that are concerned in their privacy and data gathering without their permission have somehow now become the bad guys in many peoples opinion.
    --------------------------

When someone ask for proof of something that they well know that you, I or the person hiding behind that bush over there do not and will never have the ability to gather such proof is just a smoke screen.

They know that the everyday person does not have the resources or connections to gather such proof.

If their is such proof; you and I will never have the ability to gather it.
    Maybe the guy behind the bush over there will be able to someday.

Layback Bear, Jan 14, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    Perhaps one day someone will come up with a word to describe a phobia, people suspicious that M$ are not revealing their full spying activities.

Makes me think of a frightened child waking in the night, comforting them by telling them "there are no bogy men".

dencal, Jan 14, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Microsoftia Scopophobia:

Cliff S, Jan 14, 2016
  12. dencal Win User
    dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Revealed! Crucial detail that Windows 10 privacy critics are missing - Similar Threads - Revealed Crucial detail

2. windows 11 privacy settings notification details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 privacy settings notification details: I see notifications saying my privacy settings have blocked access to an app trying to access the camera or microphone on occasion, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what app it is. I find nothing in Event Viewer, nothing in notification settings, nothing anywhere...
  3. windows 11 privacy settings notification details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 privacy settings notification details: I see notifications saying my privacy settings have blocked access to an app trying to access the camera or microphone on occasion, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what app it is. I find nothing in Event Viewer, nothing in notification settings, nothing anywhere...
  4. New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed

in Windows 10 News
    New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed: In January, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a Google Discover-like news and weather feed for Windows 10 taskbar. This feature is currently available to testers in the Insider program and it would be optional, which means you can always hide it on the taskbar....
  5. Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X update new details revealed by Microsoft: Windows 10X is rumoured to be a modular and multi-device operating system that will compete against the likes of ChromeOS in the education niche. Based on last year’s announcement, it looks like Windows 10X is going to be a ‘hybrid’ OS, which means the operating system will...
  6. Leak reveal details of Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 update

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveal details of Windows 10 20H1 and 20H2 update: Windows 10 November 2019 Update codenamed ’19H2′ is not a big release and it comes with improvements only. The key highlights include a new search experience in File Explorer, performance improvements and longer battery life on some devices. Microsoft’s Spring 2019 Update...
  7. Leak reveal details of upcoming big Windows 10 feature updates

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveal details of upcoming big Windows 10 feature updates: The next two Windows 10 updates “19H2” and “20H1” are set to arrive in November and Spring 2019 respectively. While Windows 10 19H2 (November 2019 Update) is a small update, 20H1 is expected to be a full-fledged update with new features and major improvements. If the...
  8. More details on Windows 10 version 1909 release date revealed

in Windows 10 News
    More details on Windows 10 version 1909 release date revealed: Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) was expected to land on October 2 and October 8 but now it appears that the update will be finalized later this month. Windows 10 version 1909, which is a minor feature update for Windows 10, could be finalized by the end of next week...
  9. Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals more details of Windows Core OS: Microsoft's long rumored dual-screen Andromeda phone may never see the light of day, but the related "Windows Core OS" project or WCOS, is still underway, and according to a job vacancy posted on LinkedIn, it's all about Windows 10 devices and drivers. The vacancy for a...
  10. Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details: Even though Microsoft is already working on a second major Windows 8.1 Update, most eyes are on the next full version of Windows, possibly called Windows 9, which could debut as soon as spring 2015. While no confirmed details are available right now [img] , people familiar...