Windows 10: Reverse a restore

Discus and support Reverse a restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just restored a small laptop which didn't take too long. Unfortunately the outlook backup file I made has disappeared. Is there any way I reverse a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ukbadge, Mar 10, 2020.

1. ukbadge Win User

Reverse a restore

Just restored a small laptop which didn't take too long. Unfortunately the outlook backup file I made has disappeared. Is there any way I reverse a restoration to the earlier file. copy doc to a memory stick, then finish the restoration?

:)

ukbadge, Mar 10, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Reverse a restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Left and right reverse scrolling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Touchpad settings can be customized depending on your preference.
    Here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: Try changing the settings.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Then click on Devices.
    3. Then click on Touchpad.
    4. Then click on Advance Settings.
    5. Then go to Device settings and click on
      Settings.
    6. Expand the Virtual Scrolling and then click on
      Defaults.
    7. This should restore the touchpad settings to default.

Method 2: Please follow the suggestions provided by Louie Del in the thread:
    Reverse the scroll of mouse.

I would also request you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager and then reboot the device to see if that restores the Touchpad settings.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Reverse a restore

Audio is reversed.

Hello ItsHybridYT,

This may be caused if you have a reversed connection in either the headset cable or the headset itself. To better assist you, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?
    • Are you using a splitter?
    • Do you also have other device connected like a microphone?

Since this is highly a hardware related issue, we suggest that you contact your device manufacturer to check on your headphones.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Reverse a restore

1. Reverse a restore - Similar Threads - Reverse restore

2. Microsoft Flight Sim installation keeps reversing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Sim installation keeps reversing: I just bought MSFS on Steam yesterday. I let it download overnight. When I came to check on it in the morning, the whole app was frozen. I restarted my PC, and then relaunched msfs. After that, I started the download like I did yesterday. It was going to like 4%, and then...
  3. Microsoft Flight Sim installation keeps reversing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Sim installation keeps reversing: I just bought MSFS on Steam yesterday. I let it download overnight. When I came to check on it in the morning, the whole app was frozen. I restarted my PC, and then relaunched msfs. After that, I started the download like I did yesterday. It was going to like 4%, and then...
  4. What does Slmgr.vbs do? How to reverse it if you havent backed up your laptop yet??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does Slmgr.vbs do? How to reverse it if you havent backed up your laptop yet??: A situation happened where unfortunately someone knows more tech stuff than i do.. i just got this laptop yesterday from R2O and it came with literally nothing but the computer itself and the charging cord. It has windows 11 pro installed already, someone brought up what...
  5. What does Slmgr.vbs do? How to reverse it if you havent backed up your laptop yet??

What does Slmgr.vbs do? How to reverse it if you havent backed up your laptop yet??: A situation happened where unfortunately someone knows more tech stuff than i do.. i just got this laptop yesterday from R2O and it came with literally nothing but the computer itself and the charging cord. It has windows 11 pro installed already, someone brought up what...
  6. Indexing and One Drive - reversing/backup/restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing and One Drive - reversing/backup/restore: Hi there,Indexation had been installed on PC and resulted in One Drive syncing problems and missing files etc. Essentially, on the PC, no file can be located; and a reasonable proportion of files on One Drive have been sent to the Recycle Bin. As a non tech person, I wanted...
  7. Indexing and One Drive - reversing/backup/restore

Indexing and One Drive - reversing/backup/restore: Hi there,Indexation had been installed on PC and resulted in One Drive syncing problems and missing files etc. Essentially, on the PC, no file can be located; and a reasonable proportion of files on One Drive have been sent to the Recycle Bin. As a non tech person, I wanted...
  8. How to reverse/restore "Opens with" to default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reverse/restore "Opens with" to default program: Sirs,I have an extension .cor file.Initially, I tried to open this file, but I could not.So, I right-clicked "Properties".Under "General", I changed "Opens with" to FileAnalyzer one of the programs I have in my computer.Since I still cannot open this .cor file, I don't want...
  9. How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed?: I have a dual display setup with display 1 (my "main" display) on the left and display 2 (my "auxiliary" display) on the right. Today, with the computer turned off, I changed the way the displays are cabled. When I started the PC, the cable to display 1 had not been properly...
  10. how do I reverse a restore in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I reverse a restore in windows 10: I am using windows 10 and have recently carried out a restore on my PC. Unfortunately upon restarting from the restore my PC shows an error and doesn't get to the opening page to allow me to enter my pin number.I am now unable to access my PC. How do I reverse the restore...