Windows 10: Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry

Discus and support Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to get reverse, or inverse rather, scrolling working on my Windows 10 Home-installation, but alas having no luck whatsoever. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkulduggeryMan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry

Hello, I am trying to get reverse, or inverse rather, scrolling working on my Windows 10 Home-installation, but alas having no luck whatsoever. I tried finding FlipFlopWheel in the registry, but could not. I looked both under the appropriate HID section, but also did a general search in the registry after the term 'FlipFlopWheel' without success.

Please help, oh Obi Wan!

Edited to add: My Windows build is 19042.746, and my experience pack is 120.2212.551.0.

I got the problem resolved using Logitech's software pack for my MX mouse, but can not resolve the problem for my Logitech M570 trackball (which is my primary).

submitted by /u/SkulduggeryMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkulduggeryMan, Jan 19, 2021
  2. lx07 Win User

Reverse scrolling

I run these from elevated (run as administrator) powershell window to reverse trackpad direction - you could try that.

The top line is for reversing up and down and the bottom for left/right. Code:
    Code:
    Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopWheel -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopWheel 1 }  Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopHScroll -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopHScroll 1 }
    You can undo it by changing the 1 to 0 (shown in red above)...

3. Lenovo Touchpad Reverse Scrolling

Windows Settings only has an option to change the touchpad sensitivity.

The FlipFlopWheel entry in the registry isn't present for my touchpad.

PopsicleSnow, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Hrvoje T Win User

Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry

How to reverse scroll direction in Windows 10

I tried it like here
    How do I change the scroll direction on my mouse in Windows 10?

However, hp folio 13 doesn't have HID key and FlipFlopWheel there. Touchpad key is in ACPI. So I added there in Device Parameters FlipFlopWheel DWORD key, set it to 1 and restarted and to 0 also. No luck with both ways. Is there another way to set this simple option?

Hrvoje T, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry

1. Reverse scrolling in windows 10; can't find FlipFlopWheel in registry - Similar Threads - Reverse scrolling can't

2. Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and it reversed the trackpad scroll. The only option under touchpad in settings is sensitivity. I have an ASUS laptop, and I think my trackpad has a ELAN driver. I have ASUS Smart Gesture installed, but there is no option to...
  3. Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit: I followed one of the many tutorials that describe how to flip your mouse scroll wheel direction. Like this one. This edit works wonderfully for all 3rd-party apps I have installed. However, this fix doesn't work with Microsoft apps. Works in 3rd-party apps like: Chrome...
  4. Reverse Scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverse Scroll: How do I reverse my scrolling because it is backwards on hp Stream laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-scroll/1914b1e5-d25b-4b9b-9ebb-902b52c9081d
  5. I can't find how to reverse the touchpad two-finger scroll direction

I can't find how to reverse the touchpad two-finger scroll direction: I have found a lot of instructions, even in this forum, but none of them applies to my new HP laptop. I believe it is synaptics, but there is no specific tab for it in the touchpad or mouse settings. I have also tried to change the registry value following the instructions...
  6. Reversing Scroll on TouchPad

Reversing Scroll on TouchPad: After the latest Windows update my touchpad has been stuck in reverse scroll. I would like to disable the reverse scroll, but am unable to. Going through windows settings does not even give me the option to disable/enable the reverse scroll on my touchpad. So far the only...
  7. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad: How do I reverse the scrolling on the touchpad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reversing-the-scrolling-on-the-touchpad/5ab677a5-c781-4629-a9a9-054e95588f94"
  8. Reverse Scrolling

Reverse Scrolling: I'm having troubles finding where to turn off reverse scrolling on Windows 10 laptop. When I use the touchpad if I move my fingers in an upward motion the screen scrolls down, I'd like to move my fingers down and have the page scroll down. I googled this issue and was...
  9. Reverse scrolling

Reverse scrolling: Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted...
  10. Scrolling is reversed

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling is reversed: Basically up is down and left is right I could not find the settings in the mouse control config 15145