Windows 10: Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan

Discus and support Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded a program called FileTypesMan from NirSoft. https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html I used the program to change the .jpg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lizzie Jo PC 11, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan

I downloaded a program called FileTypesMan from NirSoft. https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html
    I used the program to change the .jpg extension's type name from jpegfile to giffile, causing Windows to treat .jpg files like .gif files. This seems to work fine, but I would like to know how to undo the changes.

Can anyone help me understand this? Thank you.

:)

Lizzie Jo PC 11, Oct 21, 2018

2. FileTypesMan messed up .exe icons

So I used FileTypesMan to change the icon of .exe files. Turns out, this changes all programs to have that icon, they don't use what they were given. For example, google chrome has the default .exe icon instead of the google chrome icon. What would really
    help me is if I knew how to undo the changes that FileTypesMan did or fix it at all. I am on Windows 10, so please tell me what to do knowing that. Thanks, I really hope I get help.

BlockCabin, Oct 21, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan)

Have you tried simply rt clicking the column header, adding 'File Extension' and sorting by that?

Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan [​IMG]

Noted that for (e.g.) jpg files, by default
    in explorer Type = jpg file
    in filetypesman = jpeg file, JPEG image

whereas for
    ico and ani files the Description in filetypesman corresponds with that shown in explorer.

Suggests that shown for some file types is hard coded in Windows?

dalchina, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan

1. Reversing changes made with FileTypesMan - Similar Threads - Reversing changes made

2. Can Regedit changes be reversed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Regedit changes be reversed ?: I mistaken made changes to my regedit to change my system name and it has crashed my system and all my files are lost. I has very very important files. Is there any way I can undo the changes? I tried restarting multiple times but it didn't worked....
  3. Can Regedit changes be reversed ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Regedit changes be reversed ?: I mistaken made changes to my regedit to change my system name and it has crashed my system and all my files are lost. I has very very important files. Is there any way I can undo the changes? I tried restarting multiple times but it didn't worked....
  4. Can Regedit changes be reversed ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No changes made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No changes made: Trying to reset my PC however in the long process I receive error message that there is a problem with reset and no changes made. I need to reset this PC since I will give it to my niece. I performed reset in settings and trying to remove everything. I want to do it...
  6. No changes made

No changes made: Trying to reset my PC however in the long process I receive error message that there is a problem with reset and no changes made. I need to reset this PC since I will give it to my niece. I performed reset in settings and trying to remove everything. I want to do it...
  7. No changes made

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. no changes were made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no changes were made: when I try to reboot my pc it says no changes were made. I would like to reboot it bc I have a couple of viruses becuz of pirated apps. plz someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-changes-were-made/1c7f0f88-4a77-4463-98d1-8098af951f46
  9. Undoing changes made

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing changes made: Windows 10 Updates again mesed up my PC. When rebooting it, it goes into loop and keeps showing a sign "Undoing changes made to your computer.." How do I even get PC rebooted and restart it now? How do I get rid of all these unwanted changes and how do I set up Windows...
  10. Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan)

Windows File Associations "Types" (FileTypesMan): Please look at the following picture: [img] Most of the folders that I work with on a regular basis contain files like this. However, as you can see, I usually sort all of my files by "type" in Windows 10 File Explorer so that it's easier for me to separate my files....