Windows 10: Revert apps/programs to one user only?

Discus and support Revert apps/programs to one user only? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I install anything, I usually tell the app/program to install it for all users, since I've been the only user of the machine. Now I want to add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Nov 20, 2020.

1. cbiweb Win User

Revert apps/programs to one user only?

When I install anything, I usually tell the app/program to install it for all users, since I've been the only user of the machine.

Now I want to add a second Windows account for my wife, and to keep her desktop clutter down, I want to remove the shortcuts for stuff that only I use (removing these shortcuts from her desktop removes them also from mine).

Is there a way to tell the apps & progs to be available for only me?

:)

cbiweb, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 20, 2020
  4. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Revert apps/programs to one user only? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Revert apps/programs to one user only? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Revert apps/programs to one user only? - Similar Threads - Revert apps programs

2. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to install a app in only one user...: in my home i use localother user account.. so whenever I install a app. its actually able .. see by other account's too... so is there , way to install a app enable to use and see by a single user only..btw the Microsoft store does it already . the app I installed from ....
  3. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a app in only one user...: in my home i use localother user account.. so whenever I install a app. its actually able .. see by other account's too... so is there , way to install a app enable to use and see by a single user only..btw the Microsoft store does it already . the app I installed from ....
  4. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I install an app for only one user?

How do I install an app for only one user?: I want to install a game, but only for my gaming account. I don't want this app to take up storage space on the other account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-an-app-for-only-one-user/cabdebb2-8cd1-47b9-b505-1350b93b3d80
  6. How to download programs for one user only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to download programs for one user only?: I am the admin and there are 3 local accounts, whenever I download something (admin or local), it shows up on the 3 other accounts? How to change download location? submitted by /u/qwertyuiop098765420 [link] [comments]...
  7. Program Data Folder always revert to Read Only

Program Data Folder always revert to Read Only: So I am trying to install auto desk inverter and for a long time it was given me a 1909 installation code. Apparently the fix for that was just making the folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk not be READ ONLY. So went to the folder right clicked>Properties> and unclicked the read...
  8. [help] install program on only one user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] install program on only one user?: I am an admin, and I am trying to install a program on that account. However it also installs it on the standard account. When I try to uninstall the program or delete the icon from the standard account, it also deleted from the admin account. Is there a solution for this?...
  9. Downloading Programs For One User Only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading Programs For One User Only: Hello, I was wondering how I can go about downloading programs, apps and games without having it appear on the desktop of another user on the same PC? I am the admin of the PC and I have another user account set up for my brother to use. Whenever I download programs only...
  10. Installing Programs to One User Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Programs to One User Only: On older Windows OS's, I've had no trouble using separate user accounts. When I install a program (actual software, not a Windows Store app) on one, it doesn't show up on another user account. Until now. My wife and I just bought a desktop to share and everything I install...