Windows 10: Revert Display Adapter Settings?

Discus and support Revert Display Adapter Settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello All, As I am now working from home the next month or so I connected additional monitors to my work laptop so I'd have more screens. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dawk1920, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Revert Display Adapter Settings?

Hello All,

As I am now working from home the next month or so I connected additional monitors to my work laptop so I'd have more screens.

Everything was fine except the one screen was overfilled. When I changed the aspect ratio for this one monitor within the Windows "display settings" all the screens began to flicker and the laptop rebooted.

Now everytime I connect this 1 monitor, all the screens flicker and the laptop reboots. The kicker is I can't go into the advanced display settings for this 1 monitor and change the resolution back to the defaults unless that monitor is connected.

Anyone know of another way I can change the display settings on one monitor or maybe default all the display settings in general without the monitor being connected?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Dawk1920
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dawk1920, Mar 18, 2020
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Revert Display Adapter Settings? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Revert Display Adapter Settings? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Revert Display Adapter Settings?

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Revert Display Adapter Settings?

1. Revert Display Adapter Settings? - Similar Threads - Revert Display Adapter

2. Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in CONTROL PANEL >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in SETTINGS >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  3. Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in CONTROL PANEL >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in SETTINGS >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  4. Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Adapter: So I wanted to update my Display Adapter and it had a yellow icon on the side so I went to google and searched it, and it was said that I had to uninstall the driver and reset the PC so it would download itself again. After It turned on the display adapter wasn't there...
  5. Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Adapter: I have an Asus Tuf A15 laptop specs are below. This thing won't connect to my MS Wireless Display Adapter. I have two other laptops in the house, the Asus Expert book and the Lenovo ThinkPad X1. Both of these connect to the wireless display seamlessly. I have followed the...
  6. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to access Display Adapter Settings: I have trying to access my display settings but I am getting an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"I am logged in as an administrator....
  7. Display settings reverting every day

Display settings reverting every day: Hi everyone I recently bought a replacement second monitor which I connect to my laptop via HDMI. I have been using a second monitor for years with no issues, it was a HP. Usually I keep my laptop lid shut and just work from the second screen, so I have the display settings...
  8. Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings: I have Lenovo IdeaPad that originally came with Windows 7. I recently installedwindows 10. Since I was facing an issue with the graphics card driver I accidentally changed the Display Adapter fromMicrosoft Basic Display Adapter to Nvidia Legacy Device. I thought that this...
  9. TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.: Many of us are experiencing the screen dimming due to the adaptive display setting in windows 10. Rather than following complicate procedures aimed at disabling this option, I found that simply going into DEVICE MANAGER-->SENSORS-->AMBIENT LIGHT...
  10. Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone: Hello, I have a Windows Surface Pro 6. The latest Windows 10 update eliminated the Advanced Power Setting option to disable adaptive display brightness. How do I turn off the feature? I don't want my screen to auto-dim/brighten. Thanks - JRR...