Windows 10: Revert from insider builds without losing data?

Discus and support Revert from insider builds without losing data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, it's probably a really simple question, but the internet is full of contradictory answers, so: Can i somehow revert from the latest insider build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ishamm, Jan 19, 2021.

1. /u/ishamm Win User

Revert from insider builds without losing data?

Hi, it's probably a really simple question, but the internet is full of contradictory answers, so: Can i somehow revert from the latest insider build either to a stable or beta build without loosing my apps and data? Thanks!

submitted by /u/ishamm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ishamm, Jan 19, 2021

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Paulo GM Win User

Windows insider build has expired....

Since you haven't reverted it back to public build before the expiration, I'm afraid you'll have to clean install as your system will automatically reboot every 3 hours or less.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...

Paulo GM, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Revert from insider builds without losing data? - Similar Threads - Revert insider builds

2. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  3. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  4. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  7. Reinstall Windows without losing data

8. Want to stop use Windows Insider Without losing data

Want to stop use Windows Insider Without losing data: Hello, i have some problem here. I want to install Windows 10 Pro 1909 Version with ISO file but i can't keep my files, can you help me for that? By the way, for now im using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version 2004, i want to go back and not using insider preview, because...
  9. BSOD - fix without losing data

BSOD - fix without losing data: I had the awful issue with the power cable not being recognised on my laptop. This has happened before and a restore worked. This time it didn't, so I uninstalled the drivers for the charger, and restarted the computer as they will then reinstall. It stated to shut down and...
  10. Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss?

Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss?: Hi guys, as the headline says, any chance to move to the regular builds (1809 when it is released) without setting everything up new from scratch? Something like an inplace-up/downgrade? I'm on 18242.1000 now, but intend to use this machine now as a"HTPC", so no more need for...